Help with AMaster

A little over a year ago Piotr and Degi helped me get AMaster going and I
created a couple games with it.

I updated it with v310f and now it crashes when I fire it off

Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
General Protection fault

Somewhere in the mess of crash junk it also says program=<??unknown??>

I believe if <??UNKNOWN??> is there it means the program crashed inside the
startup code so I know it is not in the amaster config file.

Can anyone here assist or should I just forget using it?

--

Regards,
Merlyn

    * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

    > Can anyone here assist or should I just forget using it?

    Please tell me about your system:
    - Your operating system.
    - How do you invoke amaster?
    - Does the old version of amaster work?

    If you want me to compile a new binary, I can try to do so.

    Regards, Heiko
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message

    > Please tell me about your system:

    > - Your operating system.
    WindowsXP Pro

    > - How do you invoke amaster?

    From a command promt inside directory where amaster is:
    amaster.exe -w d:\plantest\game d:\plantest

    > - Does the old version of amaster work?

    Not sure, I will have to dig up the old version, I overlaid it. It did work
    previously but I am not sure if it was before I upgraded to XP Pro.

    > If you want me to compile a new binary, I can try to do so.
    If you think it will help??????????????

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

    * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

    > "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message
    >> - Your operating system.
    > WindowsXP Pro

    AMaster 3.10f works on my local Windows XP Professional system
    (version 5.1.2600, build 2600, no service packs installed).

    Are you using programs like virus scanners, personal firewalls,
    anti-spyware tools and so on that might disturb other applications?

    Regards, Heiko
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:
    >
    > > "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > >> - Your operating system.
    > > WindowsXP Pro
    >
    > AMaster 3.10f works on my local Windows XP Professional system
    > (version 5.1.2600, build 2600, no service packs installed).
    >
    > Are you using programs like virus scanners, personal firewalls,
    > anti-spyware tools and so on that might disturb other applications?
    >
    > Regards, Heiko

    Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

    * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

    > Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........

    The stuff from Norton is notorious for it's side-effects ...

    Regards, Heiko
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........
    >
    > The stuff from Norton is notorious for it's side-effects ...
    >
    > Regards, Heiko

    I will try tomorrow with both of them off :-)

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

Games Video Games