Help with AMaster

A little over a year ago Piotr and Degi helped me get AMaster going and I
created a couple games with it.

I updated it with v310f and now it crashes when I fire it off

Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
General Protection fault

Somewhere in the mess of crash junk it also says program=<??unknown??>

I believe if <??UNKNOWN??> is there it means the program crashed inside the
startup code so I know it is not in the amaster config file.

Can anyone here assist or should I just forget using it?

--

Regards,
Merlyn

* Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

> Can anyone here assist or should I just forget using it?

Please tell me about your system:
- Your operating system.
- How do you invoke amaster?
- Does the old version of amaster work?

If you want me to compile a new binary, I can try to do so.

Regards, Heiko

"Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message

> Please tell me about your system:

> - Your operating system.
WindowsXP Pro

> - How do you invoke amaster?

From a command promt inside directory where amaster is:
amaster.exe -w d:\plantest\game d:\plantest

> - Does the old version of amaster work?

Not sure, I will have to dig up the old version, I overlaid it. It did work
previously but I am not sure if it was before I upgraded to XP Pro.

> If you want me to compile a new binary, I can try to do so.
If you think it will help??????????????

--

Regards,
Merlyn

* Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

> "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> - Your operating system.
> WindowsXP Pro

AMaster 3.10f works on my local Windows XP Professional system
(version 5.1.2600, build 2600, no service packs installed).

Are you using programs like virus scanners, personal firewalls,
anti-spyware tools and so on that might disturb other applications?

> * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:
>
> > "Heiko Schlenker" <hschlen@gmx.de> wrote in message
> >> - Your operating system.
> > WindowsXP Pro
>
> AMaster 3.10f works on my local Windows XP Professional system
> (version 5.1.2600, build 2600, no service packs installed).
>
> Are you using programs like virus scanners, personal firewalls,
> anti-spyware tools and so on that might disturb other applications?
>
> Regards, Heiko

Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........

--

Regards,
Merlyn

* Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:

> Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........

The stuff from Norton is notorious for it's side-effects ...

> * Merlyn <Merlyn@spammersremovethistobeblocked.thelastdomain.com> wrote:
>
> > Norton and Ad-Aware. Let me turn off Ad-Aware and try it........
>
> The stuff from Norton is notorious for it's side-effects ...
>
> Regards, Heiko

I will try tomorrow with both of them off :)

--

Regards,
Merlyn