Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 26, 2010 12:15:29 AM

Okay, I'm in sort of a dilemma right now
I'm basically building a gaming rig, all new parts EXCEPT for the graphics card and hard drive

Grapics card: GeForce 9500 GT 1024mb
Hard drive: WDC WD5000AAKS-00C8A0 ...not quite sure what that means but it has aroung 500GB on it

so I need a Motherboard, processor, case, 2GB of RAM and anything else I may need that is compatible with my current video card and hard drive

My budget is about $300

More about : budget gaming rig

December 26, 2010 1:38:07 AM

Hoping you have a copy of an OS to go with this:

Triple Core CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 715 Black Edition Heka for $76 You may be able to unlock this to get a quad core out of it. Worth a try, and even if you are not successful, you will still not be CPU constrained for some time to come.

Motherboard: ASRock N68C-S UCC AM3/AM2+/AM2 for $45 including shipping.

Heat Sink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus for $37 including shipping. This is required, because the CPU does not have a heat sink included.

2 GB RAM is absolute minimum: Mushkin Enhanced 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 for $30. I would consider upgrading this to 4 GB.

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W for $50 after rebate.

Case: Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case for $40 (including $5 promo code that ends tomorrow.

DVD burner: LG Black 22X DVD for $18

Total is $296 after rebate, promo codes and shipping. This is just about the rock bottom build that I would recommend. You could go cheaper on the CPU/Cooler, if you need to get Windows with it, but that would take you over $300. Anything less, and you will start to run into junk parts.

m
l
December 26, 2010 1:38:38 AM

Your current video card is about on par with modern onboard graphics.. I really think you should save up some more money and get a better performing gpu
m
l
!