Sign in with
Your question

Speed Fan, EVGA E-LEET, Core Temp....Which is the right Temp?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core Temp
Last response: in CPUs
March 19, 2011 6:41:07 PM

Hey everyone, I have been obviously trying to do whatever research I can on these different types of Temp Monitoring programs but I still have a question that needs to be answered. I just got my new rig done and I need to find a program that will give me the temp of my CPU.

Now, SpeedFan list includes GPU, Temp 1, 2 and 3, and Core. I assumed Core temp was my CPU temp. But I think it may be the average temps of all 6 cores. Which I guess is the same thing as the CPU temp. I am not sure.

Core Temp lists all six cores loads but only has one temp listed (CPU#0) running at 24C same as speedfan. I assumse that is the same as above.

Now for EVGA E-LEET, it lists the temp for each individual core on the right and on the left it says CPU 34C. All 6 cores are running at 24C, so thinking the average is the same as the CPU temp as a whole is wrong. SO which is the correct temp of my CPU. Do it matter? Or is core temp more important? I am sure with my system its not a big deal but I tend to be very anal about this stuff and I am always looking to learn more about it. I need to know which is right so I can introduce more cooling if needed.

Specs:
Mobo - Asus Crosshair IV Forumla (ROG)
CPU - AMD X6 1100T 3.3 (3.7) Ghz
Fan - Corsair H70 CPU Cooler ( Using as intake)
RAM - G-SKILL 2000Mhz DDR3 (4 GIGS)
GPU - Nvidia GTX 570 SC
PSW - Antec TP 750
Case - NZXT Phantom

Currently waiting on one 200mm exhaust fan (top) and one 200mm side fan (intake) to come in. I am sure once they get in that will being over all case temps down a bit. But with that cooler, if the 34C temp is correct, I was hoping for better results.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Hope yall can get me the info I need. Have a good weekend!

More about : speed fan evga leet core temp temp

a b à CPUs
March 20, 2011 6:21:55 AM

I use Coretemp, HWmonitor and Everest, they all give me correct temps. I dont know if its just me but SpeedFan gives me lower temps so i dont use it - at a room temp of 23c it shows my cores are 10c... o.O Oh and the core temp is important. Download prime95 and check your temps under load - try to keep your core temps below 62c and you`ll be fine :) 
m
l
March 20, 2011 7:21:42 AM

Thanks for much for the replay OC. I downloaded both Everest and prime95. And confirmed both temps. My 1100T is Idleing at 30-34 and all six cores Idle at 23c. Under load however the CPU stays at a constant 43c and the cores stary at a constant 34c. Dunno how good those temps are considering I am using an H70 but I am pretty happy with the result :)  Well under 62c I would imagine hehe.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 20, 2011 8:01:30 AM

bbeberle said:
Hey everyone, I have been obviously trying to do whatever research I can on these different types of Temp Monitoring programs but I still have a question that needs to be answered. I just got my new rig done and I need to find a program that will give me the temp of my CPU.

Now, SpeedFan list includes GPU, Temp 1, 2 and 3, and Core. I assumed Core temp was my CPU temp. But I think it may be the average temps of all 6 cores. Which I guess is the same thing as the CPU temp. I am not sure.

Core Temp lists all six cores loads but only has one temp listed (CPU#0) running at 24C same as speedfan. I assumse that is the same as above.

Now for EVGA E-LEET, it lists the temp for each individual core on the right and on the left it says CPU 34C. All 6 cores are running at 24C, so thinking the average is the same as the CPU temp as a whole is wrong. SO which is the correct temp of my CPU. Do it matter? Or is core temp more important? I am sure with my system its not a big deal but I tend to be very anal about this stuff and I am always looking to learn more about it. I need to know which is right so I can introduce more cooling if needed.

Specs:
Mobo - Asus Crosshair IV Forumla (ROG)
CPU - AMD X6 1100T 3.3 (3.7) Ghz
Fan - Corsair H70 CPU Cooler ( Using as intake)
RAM - G-SKILL 2000Mhz DDR3 (4 GIGS)
GPU - Nvidia GTX 570 SC
PSW - Antec TP 750
Case - NZXT Phantom

Currently waiting on one 200mm exhaust fan (top) and one 200mm side fan (intake) to come in. I am sure once they get in that will being over all case temps down a bit. But with that cooler, if the 34C temp is correct, I was hoping for better results.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Hope yall can get me the info I need. Have a good weekend!

core temp is has the most precise and accurate temp monitor,
it shows the temperature of each individual core in each processor in your system, It's also completely motherboard independent
also has a logging feature, allowing a user to easily record the temperature of his processors over any period of time,
then the data can be easily transferred into an excel data sheet for easy graphing, best compatible with any windows os, whether 32/64bit.
m
l
March 20, 2011 5:24:11 PM

Thanks for the help you guys I really appreciate it :) 
m
l
March 20, 2011 5:58:40 PM

I use HWmonitor and Intel Burn Test 2.5....
m
l
March 21, 2011 12:27:32 AM

The only thing I have tweaked in the Bios so far is changing the ram from 1333 to 1603Mhz. Apparently I need a special Bios profile to get 2000. Anyways, other than that I wont be OCing the CPU at all. How long should I run prime96 to check temps. I've seen posts on it but they are all OCing and letting it run for like 8 hours. I figured I let it go for an hour and check temps every 10mins and if they stay the same I can only assume those will be my constant 100% load temps. What do yall think?

m
l
a b à CPUs
March 21, 2011 2:46:55 PM

Well i would leave prime95 running during the night (or any other time when you arent using the PC and prime95 wont bother you) , that way you will be sure the system is stable and you will know your max temp. Imo with that cooler and nice ram sticks you can reach 4 Ghz or even more, but the PC is yours - push it if you want :) 
m
l
March 21, 2011 10:45:16 PM

I would LOVE to OC this computer but I am just not knowledgeable enough to do that atm. I unfortunately don't learn as well by reading. I learn by doing or being taught to do. So that's why I will be using my old computer, to OC. If something gets fried they parts will be cheap and I can get a basic and hopefully a more advanced understanding of the software, volts, amps, etc. I know the hardware but I don't know it all. I figured my old comp is a good a place as any to start.

On a side note. A good friend has a 1090T and he managed to get his to 4.23Ghz. I imagine I would be able to do the same. The ram I use is G-Skill 200Mhz 9-9-9-24. Not the best timings but I am sure I can tweak it once I am a little more schooled. I'm to afraid to blow my new *** up haha. If I am not 100% confident then I won't even try.

I am sure I'll be posting around here asking questions and generally creeping around. Yall need a big help so far.
m
l
!