Digital Picture Frames?

Tags:
Last response: in Digital Camera
January 23, 2005 12:25:33 PM

I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to do
was display photos on my plasma screen but with more control over picture
changes IE: type of wipe, duration etc, I could do this with a cheap digital
camera connected but the playback features tend to be limited on cameras, I
could create a slide show on DVD but that would have my player working over
time, therefore does anyone know of a device that will give me the control I
would like, but be able to read Memory cards?

Brian

More about : digital picture frames

January 23, 2005 12:25:34 PM

Newbie, help, what is a card reader, and how do i use it..help
renee@michiana.org
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:25:34 PM

Look at the SanDisk website. It's called a photo album, hooks up to your tv.
January 23, 2005 12:25:34 PM

Brian Buist wrote:

> I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames,

http://www.pacificdigital.com/products/ce.asp

I got one of the 8x10 frames.
they have a very good image, they have a a vga output,
and now they are wireless for your network.
one version has sound built in.

once loaded with a show, they run stand alone, except for AC power.

> Brian
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:25:35 PM

Sandisk and many other manufacturers make card readers, they keep you
from having to have the camera connected to the PC to view/copy pics

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/im-12in1.asp

"renee" <renee@michiana.org> wrote in message
> Newbie, help, what is a card reader, and how do i use it..help
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:51:16 PM

>I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to do

Have a look at

www.digital-photo-frame.de

I looked the price for the smallest one (6,4 Inch) and i think it was 199
Euro. Don't know if additional tax or already included.

Are there other one, especially cheaper ones ?

It would also be nice to get OS based (linux ?) ones, so you can install
your own viewer,
slide show software, perhaps view it online (via WLAN ?). Browser...
I think it is going into direction of a cheap PDA with such a display...

Regards,

Martin
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:47:07 PM

>I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to do
>was display photos on my plasma screen but with more control over picture
>changes IE: type of wipe, duration etc, I could do this with a cheap digital
>camera connected but the playback features tend to be limited on cameras, I
>could create a slide show on DVD but that would have my player working over
>time, therefore does anyone know of a device that will give me the control I
>would like, but be able to read Memory cards?

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but Ceiva makes a
lovely little frame that connects to a web site via a phone line, to
give you an electronic slide show that you control by uploading
pictures to a website. This is lovely for yourself, and also great if
you want to share pictures with someone far away.

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases: http://www.exc.com/photography
January 23, 2005 7:21:22 PM

Brian Buist wrote:

> I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to
> do was display photos on my plasma screen but with more control over
> picture changes IE: type of wipe, duration etc, I could do this with a
> cheap digital camera connected but the playback features tend to be
> limited on cameras, I could create a slide show on DVD but that would have
> my player working over time, therefore does anyone know of a device that
> will give me the control I would like, but be able to read Memory cards?

I build one of these using an old -quiet- computer and a wall mounted LCD
screen. Actually built it into a "frame" and ran the wires through the
wall. It has a card reader so I can just upload the images to the HD and
can control how it's displayed. Also threw in a TV tuner card/DVD player
and watch TV on it. You could do the same sorta thing and just send the
signal from the TV card to the plasma? Not exactly what you were talking
about but maybe you can get some ideas? It's cool having =hundreds= of
images displayed from a single point.

http://stephe_2.tripod.com/LCD.html

--

Stacey
January 24, 2005 10:54:56 PM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:47:07 GMT, joel@exc.com (Dr. Joel M. Hoffman)
wrote:

>>I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to do
>>was display photos on my plasma screen but with more control over picture
>>changes IE: type of wipe, duration etc, I could do this with a cheap digital
>>camera connected but the playback features tend to be limited on cameras, I
>>could create a slide show on DVD but that would have my player working over
>>time, therefore does anyone know of a device that will give me the control I
>>would like, but be able to read Memory cards?
>
>I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but Ceiva makes a
>lovely little frame that connects to a web site via a phone line, to
>give you an electronic slide show that you control by uploading
>pictures to a website. This is lovely for yourself, and also great if
>you want to share pictures with someone far away.

But absoluly no use to the original poster as he's in the UK and Ceiva
only service the US.

Pity I'd buy one here in the UK, but I cannot..
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 4:16:15 AM

"Brian Buist" <nobody@home.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am trying to find info on Digital Picture Frames, what I was hoping to do
>was display photos on my plasma screen but with more control over picture
>changes IE: type of wipe, duration etc, I could do this with a cheap
>digital camera connected but the playback features tend to be limited on
>cameras, I could create a slide show on DVD but that would have my player
>working over time, therefore does anyone know of a device that will give me
>the control I would like, but be able to read Memory cards?
>
> Brian

Thanks to all who replied and sent in posts, I bought a avermedia ezphoto
viewer which will play slide shows on my tv, it also acts as a card reader
when connected to my pc (usb)

Brian
!