Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which mobo is the best?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 25, 2011 12:44:25 PM

Im about to buy a 2500k and the hyper 212 evo cooler, i need a motherboard and im not sure which one would be better. Any suggestions? thanks.

MSI Z68A-G45 (B3) Intel Z68 Socket 1155 Motherboard
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-z68a-g45-%28b3%29-in...

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 Intel Z68 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-z68xp-ud3-in...

Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3 Intel P67 1155 Motherboard
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-p67x-ud3-b3-...

More about : mobo

Best solution

November 25, 2011 1:02:18 PM

I found this in the US:

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 which states, "Tom’s Hardware 2011 Recommended Buy". At this web site you can watch a video clip reviewing the mobo.

By the way, I do like this particular mobo. I hope this helps.
Share
November 25, 2011 1:32:37 PM

orestesdd said:
I found this in the US:

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 which states, "Tom’s Hardware 2011 Recommended Buy". At this web site you can watch a video clip reviewing the mobo.

By the way, I do like this particular mobo. I hope this helps.


On that video he says the memory slots are for 1.5v memory, my ram is 1.65v so im guessing it wont work?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 2:00:04 PM

I am not an expert so I can't tell one way or another if your ram will work. I hope that someone with more knowledge can help you. However, in the same page you can see a tab with the specs for this mobo stating that this mobo uses DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 memory standard. However. a DDR3 1333 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series, a type of ram mostly recommended in this fourm, runs at 1.5v and it only cost about $77 USD. Thus, to be sure what type of memory you need with this mobo, you should download this mobo manual here, and then you can verify if this mobo can take your ram. If it does not, then you may have to buy a new ram, and this will solve your ram problem.

I hope this helps you a bit more. Good luck!
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 2:35:17 PM

orestesdd said:
I am not an expert so I can't tell one way or another if your ram will work. I hope that someone with more knowledge can help you. However, in the same page you can see a tab with the specs for this mobo stating that this mobo uses DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 memory standard. However. a DDR3 1333 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series, a type of ram mostly recommended in this fourm, runs at 1.5v and it only cost about $77 USD. Thus, to be sure what type of memory you need with this mobo, you should download this mobo manual here, and then you can verify if this mobo can take your ram. If it does not, then you may have to buy a new ram, and this will solve your ram problem.

I hope this helps you a bit more. Good luck!


Cheers, i ended up buying

Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked, S1155, Sandy Bridge, Quad, 3.3GHz, HD3000 IGP 850Mhz, 6MB Cache, 95W O
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Intel Z68, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, RAID SATA, PCIe 2.0 (x16), VGA On
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 PC3-12800(1600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, 4 Heat Pipes Direct Contact, with 120mm Quiet Fan LGA775/1155/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1

Hopefully i dont run in to any problems ;p
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 3:02:53 PM

MadCatz900 said:
Cheers, i ended up buying

Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked, S1155, Sandy Bridge, Quad, 3.3GHz, HD3000 IGP 850Mhz, 6MB Cache, 95W O
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Intel Z68, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, RAID SATA, PCIe 2.0 (x16), VGA On
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 PC3-12800(1600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, 4 Heat Pipes Direct Contact, with 120mm Quiet Fan LGA775/1155/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1

Hopefully i dont run in to any problems ;p


Good build!
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 3:06:21 PM

Best answer selected by MadCatz900.
m
0
l
!