Smps power cable extension to conver a power cable to two power cable.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Hiii, i have a 450watt frontech smps which have 3 4pin power cable and a sata power cable. But now i need one more power cable to connect a dvd writer. Is there any kinds of extensions which converts a 4pin power cable to two 4pin power cable? and if it is available then please tell me is it safe to do that? i mean is there will be any malfunction in any hardware for any kind of voltage problems? please help me ...................
advance thanks.................

Solution
You should be fine splitting only for DVD drives and fans. If you run out of power you will get instability or boot issues before you get damage. Getting a new quality unit to replace the frontech would though be a better option.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I will connect devices like DVD writer or cabinet fan. so how many 4pin power cables i can split to connect this type of devices? I have a frontech 450watt smps which is a 12volt 14-15amp smps. It was came with the cabinet, so it is not so powerfull i think, and for that i am worried to split 4pin power cables. please ensure me that by spliting more power cables i will not damage any hardwares.....................please please please.........

You should be fine splitting only for DVD drives and fans. If you run out of power you will get instability or boot issues before you get damage. Getting a new quality unit to replace the frontech would though be a better option.

Solution