Building my first PC

Hey guys,
I'm building my very first PC, and don't know too much about it all at the moment, but I have picked out my components and just wanted to know what you guys think of it?

Any help is appreciated
22 answers Last reply
More about building
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums
    You can't use an AMD CPU with a X58 motherboard.You either have to buy i7 CPU/X58 motherboard or AMD Phenom II/AMD motherboard.
    Also,if you aren't planing to use SLI/CF,consider Corsair HX 650W instead.It's fine for a single GTX 460(Or even 2 of them)
  2. Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend a decent motherboard? That's the part I'm having trouble choosing really.
    I am planning to use SLI, just not straight away, probably be in a couple months time.
  3. Are you going to keep the AMD CPU or you want an Intel one ?
  4. I'm going to keep the AMD CPU. (Sorry for being such a noob on this stuff haha)
  5. What will u use your pc for? Hardcore gaming, video editing, or just for making presentation to clients with power point? How much is your budget?
  6. I'm going to be using it for hardcore gaming. I've got £1000 to spend on it.

I've never really been into PC gaming, but really want to get involved now. I think the stuff I have chosen will be good but to be honest, I'm not too sure if it really is.
  7. Well,I don't recommend Nvidia chipsets for AMD CPUs because ATI chipsets are better.
    If you are OK with that,then have a look at Asus M4A89TD PRO
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/220141
  8. Thanks for that =)

What makes the ATI chipsets better?
  9. How about this for my graphics card instead of an Nvidia one?

Gigabyte HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual DP Out PCI-E Graphics Card
  10. Well ATI chipsets are better in terms of stability and OC'ng than Nvidia chipsets "For AMD CPUs"
    HD 6950 is a great card and performs pretty much like GTX 460(even faster in some games)
  11. So if I get the HD 6950, Asus M4A89TD PRO over the ones I chose previously, everything will be compatible and work fine?
  12. Yes,everything should work just fine :)
  13. RoutineCurry said:
    So if I get the HD 6950, Asus M4A89TD PRO over the ones I chose previously, everything will be compatible and work fine?

Except the cpu. It's because Asus M4A89TD PRO doesn't support X6 cpu. U can choose Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 if u wanna use X6 cpu, but it costs £29 more...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/218919
  14. According to ASUS CPU support page,it supports X6 1090T and 1075T so I don't see any reasons why it shouldn't support 1100T.But if you want to be 100% sure,you better ask their support.
  15. Ooopss.. Yeah, it would supports 1100T after u update BIOS. Thanx Maziar... My bad..
  16. So the Asus will be fine then?
  17. Awesome stuff. I will be purchasing all my parts later on.

Thanks for your help guys =)

Now I just have to try and put it all together haha
  18. Good Luck... Btw, I do believe a Corsair 850W HX is too much for a single GTX 460. But it's a good choice for investment.
  19. Oh I have changed that to a 750W. I'm too scared to go too low and for it not too work haha
  20. RoutineCurry said:
    Oh I have changed that to a 750W. I'm too scared to go too low and for it not too work haha

I think you'd like to use antec calculator. It's such a simple and nice way to calculate the power of your system.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Components Systems