Dropped my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

This morning I put my laptop, in its Targus back pack, on the back of the
tonneau cover on my truck.
As I was reaching for my keys, with cell phone in one hand, it dropped on
the concrete. Naturally I was worried something might be wrong with it.
Now when I plug it in it works fine. No problems with anything. All keys are
where they should be, so are the pixels, and the DVD door opens and closes.
It's a new IBM T42.
I got a bit stressed out and next time when reaching for the keys and
talking on the phone at the same time I'll lay it on the ground or leave it
on my shoulder until I'm ready to put it on the back seat.

Thanks IBM.

IS

"IS" <y@hl.com> wrote in message
> This morning I put my laptop, in its Targus back pack, on the back of the
> tonneau cover on my truck.
> As I was reaching for my keys, with cell phone in one hand, it dropped on
> the concrete. Naturally I was worried something might be wrong with it.
> Now when I plug it in it works fine. No problems with anything. All keys
are
> where they should be, so are the pixels, and the DVD door opens and
closes.
> It's a new IBM T42.
> I got a bit stressed out and next time when reaching for the keys and
> talking on the phone at the same time I'll lay it on the ground or leave
it
> on my shoulder until I'm ready to put it on the back seat.
>
> Thanks IBM.

Are you gonna post *every* time you drop something....?

jak
> IS

Yes.

What's that to you?

IS

"IS" <y@hl.com> wrote in message
> Yes.
>
> What's that to you?
>
> IS
>

> > Are you gonna post *every* time you drop something....?

Well, I dropped my cell phone today, picked it up and it still works...big
news! Thanks Sony/Ericsson. I dropped my PDA the day before, picked it up,
reattached the cover...and it still works. Thanks Palm. I dropped my kid
the other day....

....and so on. You had it in a case. It wasn't powered up. Waste of
bandwidth...just like this reply.

jak
> > jak

Well, first of I never asked for your opinion, but since you started sharing
yours I'll tell you mine:
I think since you're dropping so many things you ought to hold on a little
tighter. Or a lot tighter. You'll be the judge.
Sorry for your kid. I also mean that in general. Not just for the fact that
you dropped IT.

Thanks

"IS" <y@hl.com> wrote in message
> Well, first of I never asked for your opinion, but since you started
sharing
> yours I'll tell you mine:
> I think since you're dropping so many things you ought to hold on a little
> tighter. Or a lot tighter. You'll be the judge.
> Sorry for your kid. I also mean that in general. Not just for the fact
that
> you dropped IT.

No problem actually. I meant to say that I dropped HER (them, to be more
precise)...off at school. I do it every morning around 7:30 for the older
one, and 8:00 for the younger. No harm done to either. Would you like to
read a post about it every morning? Maybe I should send it to your private
mail, since I doubt anyone else will be all that interested.

As for dropping 'things,' it's really only interesting--in an advice
group--when something breaks. Then you can ask what to do about it. Did
you think that you were the first one to drop something which *didn't*
break?!! Ever wonder why there are not a million posts about same?

It's not news....

jak

> Thanks
>
> IS
>

> > Well, I dropped my cell phone today, picked it up and it still
works...big
> > news! Thanks Sony/Ericsson. I dropped my PDA the day before, picked it
> > up,
> > reattached the cover...and it still works. Thanks Palm. I dropped my
kid
> > the other day....
> >
> > ...and so on. You had it in a case. It wasn't powered up. Waste of
> > bandwidth...just like this reply.
> >
> > jak

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I dropped my HP Pavilion ze5300 on a stone floor six months ago, and it
never showed any damage. And it wasn't even in a case.

I think they may be tougher than you think.

"IS" <y@hl.com> wrote in message
> This morning I put my laptop, in its Targus back pack, on the back of the
> tonneau cover on my truck.
> As I was reaching for my keys, with cell phone in one hand, it dropped on
> the concrete. Naturally I was worried something might be wrong with it.
> Now when I plug it in it works fine. No problems with anything. All keys
> are where they should be, so are the pixels, and the DVD door opens and
> closes.
> It's a new IBM T42.
> I got a bit stressed out and next time when reaching for the keys and
> talking on the phone at the same time I'll lay it on the ground or leave
> it on my shoulder until I'm ready to put it on the back seat.
>
> Thanks IBM.
>
> IS

> It's not news....
>
> jak

So what?
I have posted news here before!
I posted the same day the word was out that IBM was selling part of the
company. To almost everyone it was news at the time. Didn't seem to bother
anyone here. As a matter of fact quite a few people participated.
I also posted here when Toshiba came out and said they were going to make
their first 64 video machine. A lot of people participated. People to whom
it was news at the time.

Oh, so now you're going to tell me it's not for personal news, is that it?
Look around. Check out the posts. See how many are news and how many are
not. The name of this NEWSgroup is not comp.sys.laptops.help nor it is
comp.sys.laptop.news.
It stops at laptops. Laptops and more laptops that's what it is and always
has been all about.
As another matter of fact this is called a Newsgroup by most.

Thanks

IS

IS wrote:

> > It's not news....
> >
> > jak
>
> So what?
> I have posted news here before!
> I posted the same day the word was out that IBM was selling part of the
> company. To almost everyone it was news at the time. Didn't seem to bother
> anyone here. As a matter of fact quite a few people participated.
> I also posted here when Toshiba came out and said they were going to make
> their first 64 video machine. A lot of people participated. People to whom
> it was news at the time.
>
> Oh, so now you're going to tell me it's not for personal news, is that it?
> Look around. Check out the posts. See how many are news and how many are
> not. The name of this NEWSgroup is not comp.sys.laptops.help nor it is
> comp.sys.laptop.news.
> It stops at laptops. Laptops and more laptops that's what it is and always
> has been all about.
> As another matter of fact this is called a Newsgroup by most.

OK.

I have a laptop.

Notan

Good for you. We have something in common.
Regardless of my experience this morning turning out OK, I hope you'll never
drop it.

Thanks

IS

> OK.
>
> I have a laptop.
>
> Notan

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeel, just to add some creative flair to this thread - I didn't
drop my laptop last year and it broke anyway.

So there!
--
Peter in New Zealand.
Pull the plug out to reply.

"Ray" <rayj.balt@verizonDELETHIS.net> wrote in message
> I dropped my HP Pavilion ze5300 on a stone floor six months ago, and it
> never showed any damage. And it wasn't even in a case.
>
> I think they may be tougher than you think.
>

> "IS" <y@hl.com> wrote in message
> > This morning I put my laptop, in its Targus back pack, on the back of
the
> > tonneau cover on my truck.
> > As I was reaching for my keys, with cell phone in one hand, it dropped
on
> > the concrete. Naturally I was worried something might be wrong with it.
> > Now when I plug it in it works fine. No problems with anything. All keys
> > are where they should be, so are the pixels, and the DVD door opens and
> > closes.
> > It's a new IBM T42.
> > I got a bit stressed out and next time when reaching for the keys and
> > talking on the phone at the same time I'll lay it on the ground or leave
> > it on my shoulder until I'm ready to put it on the back seat.
> >
> > Thanks IBM.
> >
> > IS

> Weeeeeeeeeeeeeel, just to add some creative flair to this thread - I
didn't
> drop my laptop last year and it broke anyway.
>
> So there!
> --
> Peter in New Zealand.
> Pull the plug out to reply.