Black screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarante

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hello,

I was playing a game of League of Legends on my new PC when suddenly the screen went black for a few seconds and after the game screen re-appeared, my PC fans started going really loud. I immedately alt-tabbed and checked my hardware temperatures and saw that my GPU was going 60+ and processor was going 56+ in Celsius. Also after the black screen was gone, the game started to stutter too. So I closed the game but it seemed that my PC was still going hotter and it seemed that the monitor contrast was really high for some reason.

This is the first time I have had this problem. League of Legends isn't a very taxing game and my temperatures have always been stable.

Any idea what the problem could be? I am even afraid to leave my PC running on idle when I am not around.

My PC:

Intel core I3 2100
Motherboard is DH61WW
4GB RAM
MSI HD 6850 1GB (factory OC)

amarante

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
No, I don't. The weird thing is that both the processor and GPU started to increase their fan speed. So maybe it's the motherboard or some software issue?

Also, I was running Teamspeak 3 and had NOD32 on while playing.

What are the temps in the HW monitor while are u playing, and if it shut down u can start th monitor again and check for the Max temp @ http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
softwares-hwmonitor.jpg

amarante

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Right now when I was just playing my CPU cores were 50C max, average was 45C. GPU was 51C max, average 45C. SYSTIN and CPUTIN were around 35-39C and AUXTIN was around 45C too, 50C was max. HDD always stays around 32-34C.

The way it felt, was that after the black screen dissapeared, my PC acted as if I was doing some really heavy CPU and GPU processing so that's why the fans kicked in and temperatures started rising, even after I had closed the game down.

amarante

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I think I figured out the problem. It's winSAT.exe. It's doing that performance indexing thing automatically. I disabled it from task scheduler so it should be all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.