A strange problem whilst downloading through ANY browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I recently got a new PC. Whenever I try to download a file through ANY browser, there is no "confirmation box" (to be more specific, the popup box that shows asking what to do with the file before you begin to download it). The confirmation box only shows up once the file has fully downloaded. This is kinda frustrating as I'd like to see details whilst downloading files. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even IE, all of these yield the same results. I've tried disabling Microsoft Security Essentials to see if that was interfering with downloading, but that was to no avail. Please help! Much appreciated.

My specs:
Intel Core i7-2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 1155 socket
Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
8GB of RAM
EDIT: Forgot to mention I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

If there's anything else that I need to post, please do tell me.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

Solution
I just never have seen that issue before. Do u remember how it started?

After fresh Windows install? Or after a program install?
G

As I stated that popup shows up ONLY once the file has actually downloaded, what I'm trying to achieve is for the popup to show before asking what to do with the file, like what it normally does.

Hi there, try this -- check that tick.
20111120033131.png

G

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it still hasnt resolved my issue.
What I mean is when I download something, it simply just sits there idling, it seems like I am loading a page. Here's some screenshots of what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/0xBDz.jpg (Too big to include IMG tags)
I download a file, and it seems to be hanging as if a page is loading. I believe the file is actually downloading, but what should appear is the confirmation box before the download happens.

BkLat.jpg

Once the file has finished downloading, then the confirmation box appears, when I choose where to save the file it states that the download has finished.

OK, but did try this?

Hi there, try this -- check that tick.
20111120033131.png

G

Yes I have, but as I stated the confirmation box only pops up once the file has fully downloaded 100%.

I'm not sure if I am making myself clear. For example... I download a 1 GB file, the page will literally just seem like it is loading another page (as I've shown with the first screenshot), and then the confirmation box appears once the download has fully completed. It takes about 10 minutes for me to download a 1GB file, so the browser will sit there for about 10 minutes, giving the illusion it is loading a webpage, whereas the file is actually downloading until the file has fully completed downloading and THEN the confirmation box appears.

What I want is for the confirmation box to appear asking where to download the file before the download actually takes place, like what it is meant to do.

G

I tried to download with DownThemAll but that doesn't seem to respond at all when I download through that.

G

Just to clarify, you want me to uninstall Firefox and reinstall without DownThemAll? I'll try it later on tonight when I have access to my PC.

G

I have the extension version. Anyways I'll give your advice a try when I get home tonight and give you a reply, thanks for your help!

G

Adobe Flash Player 11
Application Profiles (AMD)
Battlefield 3
Battlelog Web Plugins
ESN Sonar
Foxit Reader 5.1
FRAPS
GameSpy Comrade
Google Chrome
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Grand Theft Auto IV
Intel Control Center
Intel Management Engine Components
Intel Processor Graphics
Java(TM) 6 Update 29
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable
Microsoft Silverlight
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (listed twice strangely)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable - x86 10.0.40219
Mozilla Firefox 8.0 (x86 en-US)
Mozilla Thunderbird (8.0)
ON_OFF Charge B11.0110.1
Opera 11.52
Origin
Punkbuster Services
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Revo Uninstaller 1.93