VPA doesn't read MAP.INI

Andy

Hi everybody,

returning to Planets after some 3 years, I encounter problems in a
wraparound/ explore map game.

It's PHost 4.0 and I'm using VPA 3.62a.

According to VPA FAQ, I need to create a file MAP.INI in my gamedir,
containing

Explore = Yes and
Wrap = Yes
..

That's what I did, but this file seems to be ignored -

VPA comes up with the default map from the main dir. Removing the
xyplan.dat there leads to 'no map found' abort.

Renaming my xyplan2.dat in the gamedir to xyplan.dat makes it start,
but without the wrap-support.

Any suggestions?

* Andy <andreas.nickel@gmx.net> wrote:

> According to VPA FAQ, I need to create a file MAP.INI in my gamedir,
> containing
>
> Explore = Yes and
> Wrap = Yes

You have forgotten the 'Size'-Parameter (pconfig.src ->
'WraparoundRectangle'). For example:

Wrap = Yes
Explore = Yes
Size = 2000