Hi, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to explain my problem. i dont know much about computers, but i am interested in buying one of the two laptops, which i listed below with specs. buying a laptop is a big thing for me, and the opinions of professionals and general users would aid me greatly in this decision. im interested in moderate gaming, something along the lines of gta sa and maybe gta 4, if possible.Thanks.
Toshiba Satellite Black 15.6" C655D-S5084 Laptop $398.00
* AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Mobile P340 processor 2.20Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache
* 3GB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1066MHz memory
* 250GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
* DVD SuperMulti drive supporting 11 formats
* 10/100 Ethernet LAN; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Certified
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics with 256MB-1405MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
Acer Aspire AS5736Z-4016 Laptop $428.00
* Intel Pentium Processor T4500 2.30Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
* 4GB DDR3 Dual-Channel SDRAM Memory
* 320GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive
* 8X DVD-SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive
* 10/100/1000 Gigabet Ethernet LAN; 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Certified
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1759MB total graphics memory
Thanks again, any comments will be greatly appreciated and welcome.
Alright, that seems fair enough. I will be making my purchase tomorrow, if possible, and seeing as the toshiba boast the better of the two, that shall be my choice. Thank you both for your help, and comments are still more than welcome.
And forgive me for not asking this before, but what can i expect from the Athlon processor? the reviews i've seen seem to be biased arguing between Intel and AMD. as far as I'm concerned, I'll be getting the AMD, just wondering if its possible to upgrade it if the current processor isn't suffice.
They are both dual core, as I've done a little bit of look up work on them. To be honest I Would love a better performing machine, but I'm limited on budget and where I can spend my giftcards, I.E walmart. So the toshibas my pick. Maybe it the future I'll upgrade to better, but the toshibas the one. Thanks for answering as well has helping me out. Saved me alot of trouble.
Just a Follow up for anyone that cares, i went to purchase the Toshiba today, and overall its amazing, considering my old lappy was an asus z7100a. its sleek, light and although my asus had 5 usb ports, this laptop absolutely flies with Debian Linux on it. (dont get me wrong, i know my way around windows, but i like the customization of Linux.) all in all a good buy thats gonna get better when i find my old pulp fiction dvd