Help needed for Canon i950 printer

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 23, 2005 8:53:57 PM

Roughly 16 months ago I bought one of the last Canon i950 printers in
stock anywhere around here, and have been extremely happy with it ever
since. However, just a few days ago I needed to use the CD(s) that
came with it, to install much of the software onto a new OS, and I've
not been able to find my software. For that matter I cannot find any
of the paper work, the manual(s), the warranty, either. I did find a
sample pack of 5 sheets of the Canon Photo Paper Pro in 4 X 6 size,
which have never been opened.

Is anyone out there able to point me to a source of the software that
came with this printer? Or would you be willing to burn me a copy?
I'll gladly reimburse you for the materials and postage. You may
contact me at:

omcdaniel@mindspring.com

If you have concerns that I'm not legitimate, I'll take and send you a
photograph of the actual printer, along with its serial number.

Thanks,

Olin McDaniel
January 23, 2005 8:53:58 PM

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

--

Stacey
Anonymous

> Is anyone out there able to point me to a source of the software that
> came with this printer? Or would you be willing to burn me a copy?
> I'll gladly reimburse you for the materials and postage. You may
> contact me at:
>
> omcdaniel@mindspring.com

Go wo www.canon-usa.com, "support", "consumer", "printers", "I series",
"i950 series".

You'll see links for drivers, software, manuals, etc.. The Internet is a
wonderful thing.

steve
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:10:04 AM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:59:32 -0700, "Steve Wolfe" <unt@codon.com>
wrote:

>> Is anyone out there able to point me to a source of the software that
>> came with this printer? Or would you be willing to burn me a copy?
>> I'll gladly reimburse you for the materials and postage. You may
>> contact me at:
>>
>> omcdaniel@mindspring.com
>
> Go wo www.canon-usa.com, "support", "consumer", "printers", "I series",
>"i950 series".
>
> You'll see links for drivers, software, manuals, etc.. The Internet is a
>wonderful thing.
>
>steve

Yep, the Internet is a wonderful thing - if it behaved rationally.
Actually if the people who are presumed to be "professionals users"
would behave accordingly. I tried for over 30 minutes at this site,
plus the exact address given by Stacey as well, and was totally
frustrated by the inability to get it to respond to the Download
software/drivers command. Almost everything else on there was
accessible, but whoever developed that site must have had their head
stuck up "where the sun don't shine!" But thanks anyhow, maybe
tomorrow I'll call and try to talk to a live human being, hoping he
won't be in New Delhi or the like.

Olin McDaniel
!