Do Asus motherboards have an recovery option?

ste7en

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hey,

I'm just wondering whether ASUS motherboards have a recovery option similar to Gigabyte's Xpress Install/Recovery 2. I am currently looking for a motherboard for the I5 2500k and was considering an Asus P8Z68-V LE or ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. I like the look of these Asus boards but if it doesn't have a recovery option (disk or BIOS), then I guess I am forced to buy a Gigabyte board.

Steven

Solution
To be honest I don't know as I never used those on my Asus or Gigabyte motherboards. A backup on the same hard disk is useless to me as it doesn't help if the hard disk goes bad, the system is stolen, etc. I prefer complete backups on external disks.

In addition, most Windows versions already provide a backup and restore solution.

ste7en

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

The option that I am looking for is backup and restoration of hard disk data. I use Xpress Recovery2 on the Gigabyte board to backup my windows and restore when system is cluttered and slow. Does the Asus boards allow a solution to backup and restore windows? "Ez Backup" does that do the same thing as Xpress Recovery 2?

To be honest I don't know as I never used those on my Asus or Gigabyte motherboards. A backup on the same hard disk is useless to me as it doesn't help if the hard disk goes bad, the system is stolen, etc. I prefer complete backups on external disks.

In addition, most Windows versions already provide a backup and restore solution.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS