Identify video card without the box

Damaskinos

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
I could use a little help here. I have absolutely no idea what type of video card this is- I'm thinking of replacing the one currently in my computer (Radeon 9250) with it, but I can't figure out if it'd be a step up or a step down, as I have no box for it. All I know is that it's an orange Asus card, and that is the extent of my knowledge. Help, please?

A photo, so we can see it too, might help. :)

With an orange PCB, it could be an Asus X800 or an Asus 9800XT (both ATI cards).

X800
asus-x800xl-front.jpg

9800XT
asus-3.jpg

Both of these were found by searching Google for "asus gpu orange pcb"

Damaskinos

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I pray that it's an ATI, as that's what my computer uses.
xaK9T.jpg

I apologize for the (lack of) quality- I was forced to take it with my webcam as my digital camera has been busted for a while now, and my cellphone can't send pictures.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
uhh? why does it matter what video card you have right now? are you going to upgrade to a better one? all you need then is to buy a new one and make sure your mobo has a PCIE slot and a good enough Power supply

96Firebird

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
Some people seem confused... He has a Radeon 9250 right now and wants to know if this video card that he obtained is better or worse by trying to identify it through appearance. It will probably be easier to install it and find out.

Damaskinos

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

If it is better then the Radeon 9250 then yes, I would like to upgrade. The motherboard and the power supply aren't a problem- The supply was recently replaced when the old one died, and the motherboard is fine. I need this one identified first before I can Pop it in; No sense in wasting the effort of opening this tin can and prying stuff out if I don't know ahead of time. I am a lazy person, clearly.

Damaskinos

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

None of the stickers on it give any indication as to it's model; I know enough to check for any indication on the graphics card itself- I only posed the question as I've run out of other options, short of simply switching them, and I'm iffy on doing that because I had a hard enough time getting my monitor to recognize the current graphics card, I'm reluctant to go through that again just to see what type this one is. If it's going in, it's going in to stay.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Alright i follow now haha, i though you didn't know what card you had right now in your case, and wanted to upgrade, alright but for the card you have without a box just take out your other graphics card, insert the other one and get cpuz or gpuz either tell you the graphics card (gpu-Z is mainly for the GPU so it tells you more info)