Sign in with
Your question

No power on gigabyte z68xp-ud3 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
November 26, 2011 6:14:44 AM

Hi all,

I installed the gigabyte z68xp-ud3 motherboard with all the parts (I5 CPU, RAM and Video Card). I connected the power to 24 Pins ATX main power, 8 Pins ATX 2X4, and all the wires from the case to the motherboard. I plugged to the power supply and turned on the power and there was no power or any sound indicated that the computer was on. First, I thought that the power supply had problem. I replaced with different one. It still had the same problem. I troubleshot the power and it was fine. Is there any chance that I have the defected mother or there is something else?
The appearance of motherboard looks fine to me. Please help me to solve this problem. I have built few computers lately with Asus motherboard without any problem.
This is the first problem I have with the Gigabyte motherboard.
Thanks to you in advanced.

Flexics
November 27, 2011 1:34:36 AM

Is are your fans even turning on? Specifically your PSU fans?
m
l
Related resources
November 27, 2011 5:31:43 AM

flashfir said:
Is are your fans even turning on? Specifically your PSU fans?

There is absolutely no power goes to the motherboard. No beep or any sound or any fans run at all. I checked all CPU, case, and system fans HDD LED, -P LED, +P LED, Power SW, Reset SW , and Speaker connection are in place including all 12V ATX 8Pins CPU power and main 12V ATX 24 pins.
m
l
a c 487 V Motherboard
November 27, 2011 7:07:21 PM

And check to be sure the PSU doesn't have a tripped circuit breaker if so equipted. (As well as your house circuit)
m
l
December 7, 2011 9:25:24 PM

clutchc said:
And check to be sure the PSU doesn't have a tripped circuit breaker if so equipted. (As well as your house circuit)

Thank you Clutchc.

I've solved the problem.
The problem was the computer case. The power switch was broken loose. It took me few days to figure it out. :pfff:  :pt1cable: 

Thanks,

Flexics.
m
l
!