Sign in with
Your question
Closed

9800gt and vista error 43

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2010 1:49:48 AM

Had to reinstall windows and now card is not recognized. Loaded latest drivers but still have error code 43

More about : 9800gt vista error

a b Î Nvidia
October 28, 2010 2:52:33 AM

Code 43 means that the card isn't responding to the driver nor the os properly and is indicative of a fault within the card. Likely is that your card is experiencing problems. To cut things short start testing your card to probe for the source of the problem.

Bad vram, dead power phase, failed cooling, bad gpu core, and all of these can produce a code 43 error.
October 28, 2010 5:56:20 PM

nforce4max said:
Code 43 means that the card isn't responding to the driver nor the os properly and is indicative of a fault within the card. Likely is that your card is experiencing problems. To cut things short start testing your card to probe for the source of the problem.

Bad vram, dead power phase, failed cooling, bad gpu core, and all of these can produce a code 43 error.

Thanks for the reply. I am not that technically proficient so is it possible to explain how I should go about testing the card. It seems that vista simply is overriding the card as I can change the number of colours and resolution beyond that of a vga display. I just have 5 columns of lines running from top to bottom on my monitor which is obviously frustrating. :cry: 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 28, 2010 6:27:55 PM

hockey91 said:
Thanks for the reply. I am not that technically proficient so is it possible to explain how I should go about testing the card. It seems that vista simply is overriding the card as I can change the number of colours and resolution beyond that of a vga display. I just have 5 columns of lines running from top to bottom on my monitor which is obviously frustrating. :cry: 

That usually means that your graphics card has failed and you will need to RMA your card (if you can) or purchase a new one. When graphics card start giving you funky colors that is indictative of a GPU failure.
a c 168 Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
January 4, 2011 2:55:20 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!