Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help please

Last response: in CPUs
March 21, 2011 3:50:19 AM

Will a m4a77td work with a amd Phenom x6 1075 proccessor and evga 460 superclocked 1gb ddr5 video card?

More about : question

March 21, 2011 3:57:44 AM

jaclavell said:
Will a m4a77td work with a amd Phenom x6 1075 proccessor and evga 460 superclocked 1gb ddr5 video card?

It's a M4A77td motherboard work with a amd Phenom x6 1075 proccessor and evga 460 superclocked 1gb ddr5 video card? If not what motherboard do you recommend I am very new to thiis portal techhas this motherboard when I selected the cpu.
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2011 4:43:44 AM

Did you buy any parts yet? If not, give us your budget and what you want to do with your build.

First off, you should not buy a Phenom II x6 1075T because it is much worse than Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Secondly, if you insist on buying an AMD CPU it should be a 955 or a sub-$100 CPU.

Third, if you buy AMD, you should probably get a Radeon graphics card so that you can Crossfire.

So yes, the parts will work. But no, you definitely should not buy any of the parts you just mentioned.
Related resources
March 21, 2011 3:16:41 PM

It is just going to be a house computer play a little games I just want something that will last 4-5 years.
a c 96 à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
March 21, 2011 4:05:43 PM

The AMD 1075T x6 is a fine processor - should OC to 3.8GHz or so at less than 1.4v. I'm not familiar with that specific Asus motherboard but would think it can handle the x6 as well as any others. Be advised that Asus recently announced a half-dozen or so current AM3 motherboards that support the next-gen AMD Bulldozer Zambezi CPU. Even with additional expense it would be worth the investment -- could go with a quad to save some money.

The 1075T has a nice 'Turbo' but unless you are encoding or modeling 6 cores may be a bit too much for casual gaming.

dalauder said:
Did you buy any parts yet? If not, give us your budget and what you want to do with your build.

First off, you should not buy a Phenom II x6 1075T because it is much worse than Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Secondly, if you insist on buying an AMD CPU it should be a 955 or a sub-$100 CPU.

Third, if you buy AMD, you should probably get a Radeon graphics card so that you can Crossfire.

So yes, the parts will work. But no, you definitely should not buy any of the parts you just mentioned.

Just plain Fail.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2011 9:42:50 PM

Wisecracker, can you explain how my comments are fail? Because you are supporting his decision to buy a hexacore for $190 that gets outperformed by $120 i3-2100's by a large margin and matched or beated by $130 Phenom II x4 955BE's. I can back this up with benchmark tests if you want.

He stated he wants his machine to last 4-5 years. If that's the case, shouldn't we recommend an i3-2100 and LGA 1155 motherboard for the same price?

And how can you say that the statement to leave the future open for Crossfiring is "Fail"? It's a reasonable statement considering there are Radeons that are price and performance competitive with GTX 460 1GB's.

Did you just want to say "Fail", or do you have ANY evidence to back up your statement.

EDIT: I honestly would like to hear your response because I'm trying to give people the best advice I can. And everything I've ever read about CPUs that are out now suggests that a Phenom II x6 is BAD choice for anything other than photo editing. Good to hear that AM3 boards can support Zambezi. That will make a difference in recommending one, but that doesn't justify an expensive CPU when he'll want to drop in Zambezi in a year.
March 22, 2011 3:21:16 AM

I am willing to spend 500-600 dollars I really am thankful for all of your advice.
:bounce: 
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
March 22, 2011 4:01:56 AM

$500-$600 for all parts? Do you already have Windows, HDD, DVD drive, Monitor, keyboard & mouse, speakers, etc?

You would probably be most successful filling out the form on this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

You'll probably want to start a new build thread. And you're welcome. If we weren't giving advice, we'd be working...or whatever everyone else should be doing while they're on this forum (I suppose people waiting for Raids on WoW aren't wasting any time by being here).
April 1, 2011 12:20:12 AM

Best answer selected by jaclavell.
!