Cases Which one?

mayham006

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Mother board Asus p8p67 deluxe with the usb 3.0 box

Which case do u think?

Something good for dust as i hate dust so must have dust filters.

Something that can put the USB 3.0 Box from motherboard, in the front.

Maybe something with USB 3.0 at front.

Cooling should be good, for a sb p2600k

I have four HDD so far plus a SSD maybe 510 intel

I have done some Homework

option 1. CM 690 2 Advanced

option 2. Corsair 650d

option 3. CM Haf x

thanx guys

If I hadn't just picked up the Enermax Hoplite that Hardware Secrets reviewed, I likely would have gone for the Rosewill Blackhawk: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107 which has room for all those drives (PLUS a HDD dock on top), USB 3.0, and a place to mount that 3.5" box.
I've bought a lot of the cheaper Rosewill cases, but only a couple of the higher models. Their fans are quiet, and they don't have the minor quality issues I'm used to seeing in Coolermaster.

Edit: Here's the Hoplite: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124139 Sorry I haven't unboxed it yet. Here's Gabriel's review: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Enermax-Hoplite-Case-Review/1208/7 . The side fan openings don't have dust filters, but I may just get (or make) after-market filters for it.

How do you like the Hoplite? It looks very promising.

Ok, I just unboxed it. Even before doing a build in it, I can see this is a much nicer case than my CM-RC690. It is very solid; the side panels don't flex a lot like on cheap cases. The only places they went cheap seem to be the thumbscrews (plastic rather than metal knobs) and the expansion slot covers are breakaways. It has dust filters, plenty of places for fans, and the removable hard drive mounting trays are just begging me to do a RAID in it. We'll see. It came with all necessary mounting screws, and a little mobo speaker.

Thanks. I think I can recommend it for folks who like mesh. GL and lemme know how it goes.

selas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Does anyone know of a good way to search for cases with dust filters? It is hard to see in NewEgg (for example) which cases have them and which don't.

mayham006

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
thanx for the opinons i liked the df-85, but its a bit big i think
the Rosewill Blackhawk looks nice similar to the corsair 650d even

I suggested the DF-85 because it's alot cheaper then the Corsair 650D and HAFX which are also full-towers.
It's taller but really no bigger then the other two.
If you've never seen any of the cases in person you truly have no idea how big they actually are.
Most quality mid-towers can accommodate every component needed in most builds.
A HAF 922 is a big case and so is the Corsair 600T for mid-towers.
The Corsair 600T and Antec 902V3 are very good cases.

mayham006

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I think i really need to go somewhere and have a look..
Man this new computer build has taxed my brain, so many things to research!
thanx for the help ppl.

I encourage you to do so!
I did and it was a huge help when i chose my case.
You'll be glad you did :)

mayham006

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Fractal Design Define R3 looks ok looks like it has dust filters

i was pretty much sold on the corsair 650d and went into the shop but eta for australia is MAY!!! not haappy

back to square one, have to og through them all again grrrrrr...

i dont think i can find a roswell here either geez

so something like the 650d....

Genzer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Look @ the Lian Li A70F, it's REALLY similar to the 650d. Just more expensive...But that's because its all aluminium, very light, and very cool running.