Problem installing processor

G

i''ve ran into a problem at the very start of my new build, it seems the processor wont "clamp in" i dont want to apply to much pressure to it but i just cant get it to clamp in, theres two fins that seem to be preventing it from locking in.

imag0083a.jpg

mobo is an asus p8p67 deluxe and the processor is the i7 2600k

this seems unsual and ive never ran into this kind of problem before

thanks

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
i''ve ran into a problem at the very start of my new build, it seems the processor wont "clamp in" i dont want to apply to much pressure to it but i just cant get it to clamp in, theres two fins that seem to be preventing it from locking in.

http://img39.imageshack.us/f/imag0083a.jpg/

mobo is an asus p8p67 deluxe and the processor is the i7 2600k

this seems unsual and ive never ran into this kind of problem before

thanks
Thank you for providing the photo but it is not good enough to tell whether the CPU is seated correctly. If it is, you are fine, go ahead and clamp it in. Remember, the LGA1155 requires a scary amount of pressure to clamp down. I have never seen one before that requires so much force.

G

it is definatley seated right, can hear the metal scraping when i apply alot of pressure and im scared to push the last bit a few people have told me alot of pressure is needed for it so i think ill give it a go

G

thanks for the reassurance, managed to do it. as you said just a hell of alot of pressure

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Good for you! I remember feeling that way the first time I ever installed a memory stick; I pressed, and pressed harder, adrenaline flowing, got scared and stopped, sat there staring at it all day - finally worked up the courage to ram it in...LOLOL!!! :)