Alien! addon question

Hi,

I am using a game with the aliens! add-on. I have read the documentation
from aliens! and it states that the crew is converted into aliens when a
ship gets infected.

An infected ship will fly to the nearest uninfected planet and beam down
SOME of the crew to the planet. I reread the documentation twice but I
failed to find any formula for the value of 'Some'.

Next was googling for Aliens and planets, with obvious results.
But even after narrowing my search terms I did not find this out how
many aliens will be beamed down.

Who here has experience with this add-on? Can you tell me how many
aliens to expect from an infected ship?

--
Hennes
(Currently flying around with lots of B200 probes with only 6 crew).

After reading the docs and looking at the config file (which is minimal) my
best guess would be that it would depend on the size of the ship & the ships
crew.

Syythlord <syythlord@hotmail.com> wrote:
> After reading the docs and looking at the config file (which is minimal)
> my best guess would be that it would depend on the size of the ship &
> the ships
> crew.

I agree, but I was (well *am*) trying to determine how many defense posts
I should build to keep my planets alien free.

I am the borg in the current game which uses this add-on. We all started
with 5 loaded Super-DSF's (202 crew) and one warship. I have build some
B200 class probes (6 crew) and those are scouting. I'm not all that
concerned that the aliens will take a probe. If they do then they will
found out that all of my planets have more then 6 DP. But the S DSF's
are a different story and I rather not waste a lot of money to raise
my defence posts to 200+. At least, not in the beginning of the game.

We're currently at turn 12 and I only got a single starbase. I rather
use the money to build a second base and more B200 class probes.

*ponder* Maybe I should change my attention and search for the source of
the alies! add-on.

--
Hennes

Have you tried writing the author at one of the fido address's he lists in
the docs?

Syythlord