Annisman's 5th Giveaway - Zotac Amp! GTX 480. Winners announced!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
WINNERS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN!

I went over all of the entries, and so long as they were elligible (met all requirements) I added their name to a hat and did a random draw.

These are the winners, and the runners up (in case they don't contact me within 48 hours).

Winner of the GTX 480 Zotac Amp - 'AMW1011', Runner up is 'Daniel L'

Winner of Mafia 2 - 'Hamitaltintop22', Runner up is 'Jereece'

EDIT: Both of the winners have contacted me, MM, or orther admin, feel free to un-sticky this thread. THANK YOU!

If the winners do not contact me withing 48 hours, then next in line will become the winner (this has actually happened a couple times with my giveaways)

To the winners: Please contact me via PM, thank you.

Congratulations to the winners, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, it was great to see everybody's rigs and chat with you all.

As always, look for more future giveaways here on Tom's.

- Annisman

Well, it's been a fun year or two doing giveaways here on Tom's.

For those who are new, or those who have not kept tabs on the giveaways, they are pretty straightforward. I buy a piece of hardware, and give it away to the community. Some of you will understand when I say, that the joy of giving, really does outweigh the prices I pay for the giveaways. :D

Some things that have been given away to date:

Nvidia 8800GTS 512

ATI HD 4770

Intel E8400 CPU

4GB G.Skil DDR2 Memory

32GB Super Talent SSD

X-FI Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer Sound Card

Many Steam games

Without further adieu I am announcing my fifth official giveaway:

This giveaway is an Nvidia Fermi GTX 480 Zotac AMP! Graphics card.
The Zotac Amp! editiod card has a Zalman 3 slot aftermarket cooler, high factory overclocks, and is pretty much one of the best non-water cooled GTX480's you can find on the market.

Here are some pics of this beast:

As usual, there will be some minor guidelines/restrictions to this giveaway, so please read them carefully and follow them exactly, so that I can enter you in the drawing.

Edit: I will also give away one copy of Mafia 2, ANYONE can enter for that, no restrictions, just mention in your post that you would like to enter for the game.

Rule # 1: If your graphics card in your current PC is ranked AT/OR higher than: Discrete: GTX 280, GTX 285, GTX 470 Discrete: HD 5850

You may not enter this drawing.

To see the rankings, refer to the Graphics Heirarchy charts done here by Tom's Hardware. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2761-7.html

This is a pretty low bar, as most people do not have cards in the upper few tiers. Also, if you have SLI or Crossfire setups, please use common sense, for example GTX 260 SLI and 4870 Crossfire would not be acceptable. Where as, other setups such as 8800GT SLI and 4770 Crossfire would be acceptable. If you are not sure, just ask!

This rule is in place so that the person who gets this card will be getting a legitimate upgrade for their PC, please, I ask, if you have a VERY high end PC do not enter and take away a chance for somebody else to really benefit from this card. Thank You!

Rule # 2: You must post a picture of your PC, the PC that the card will be going in. There are many ways to host photos online:

Tip from Shadow: "Don't use Image Shack. They delete your images if it gets too much traffic. Use imgur.
Link: http://imgur.com/
Imo, Imgur is faster and they don't delete your image up to 4 weeks or more. "

MY PC

This rule is in place so that I can see where the card would be going, and because I want to see your rig! And I'm sure others would enjoy it too. If you do not have a picture, you will not be included in the giveaway!

Rule # 3: You must list your computer specs; for example mine would look like:

Intel Core i7 920@4.0Ghz
2X Nvidia GTX 460 1GB SLI
Gigabyte X58 UD5
Asus Xonar DX Audio
Zalman 850W
12GB Corsair XMS 3 Memory
8800GT Physx
2TB WD Black
1TB WD Black
120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
Thor's Hammer CPU Cooler
BD Rom Drive
Corsair Obsidian 800D

You don't have to go into that much detail, but it should be similar.

Rule # 4: Give me a brief explanation as to why you want the card, what games you like to play, and maybe a history of your past video cards.

Also, on a side note: I understand that people have tragic things that happen to them such as losing your job, etc. But please keep that to yourself, the decision on who gets the card will NOT be based on personal situations to keep things fair.

Rule # 5: Only one entry per person, please give everyone else a fair chance to win, don't be selfish when I am spending my own hard earned money ( I work at a pizzaria for crying out loud! :lol: )

That is all the rules for now, if I see the need to edit an existing rule, or add a new one, I (obviously) hold the right to do that!

Lastly I will adress a few random things:

The video card is a whopping 3 slots thick so make sure you either have room in your case, or can make room for it.

This card NEEDS a beefy power supply, I don't know the exact requirements, but off the top of my head I would say a QUALITY 600-700 Watt power supply is needed for this card, and other components.

I will pay the shipping, but I will ONLY SHIP TO THE USA, if you do not live in the land of freedom you can't have my card :non: !

And Finally, let's have some fun guys, I don't want to see accusations/complaining etc. etc. etc. I will decide later when I will end the giveaway, but it probably won't go for more than a week. The winner will be announced in THIS first post. Take your time with your entries, and don't be shy, if you aren't entering, stop in and say hello. :hello:

EDIT: The game Mafia 2 is a coupon code, so anyone can enter for it, nothing is being shipped obviously.

- Annisman

Woah, awesome Annisman! :D

*Pictures of the computer coming up after I find my camera.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1458239
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/76c86/

Setup:
2.66GHz Q9450 C2Q @ 2.8GHz
CM N520 HSF
4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
XFX ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
600Watt OCZ PSU
320GB 7200RPM Seagate HDD
Cooler Master Elite Mid-Tower Case (cheap generic CM case) ---> I'm about to transfer everything to an empty Apevia Sniper-G case I have lying around...

I usually play FPS shooters, RTS, and RPG games such as Crysis, GTA4, Metro2033, FarCry2, Starcraft2, Company of Heros, Stalker, Morrowind and Oblivion, etc. I also love playing Valve-source mods such as Dystopia, NeoTokyo, Fist Full of Frags, Zombie Panic Source, Zombie Master, SMOD, etc

My favorite RTS has been the Total Annihilation series (TA Spring mod also) and the Starcraft series.
My favorite FPS (that I no loner play) have been the Half Life series.

I currently have an ATI 5770...it's great, but suffers under good gfx settings on my 1080p monitor. Older games, RPGs and RTSs are fine, but my Metro2033 fps dips into the teens even at lowered settings and resolutions. I suspect it's because the 57x0 sucks at tessellation or Metro heavily favors Nvidia cards...? GTA4 is just as bad, but that's probably because of bad coding. >_<

My past history of video cards have been:
8400m GS (laptop)
9800GTX (first real GPU)
ATI 4650 DDR2
ATI 4870
9400GT
my best card I ever had was a 5850, but unfortunately I only had it for about a month before having to trade for a friend's netbook since I needed it for school...

I love tinkering with computers and I'd love to play around with an Nvidia 4x0 card. Also, I'd be able to max out my games on my monitor. ;D

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
@Dipankar

LOL, well I work at a pizza place (see above) So that eliminates number 2.

'begging' is not one of the official rules, so number 3 is not it.

I don't think I'm that kind, so it must be #1 "You want to acquire a God status among the forum members".

haha, good post.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
22 and school.Dude you should be going to an university now.

What do you think I meant by "I pay for my education" I am in college.

Also, we need to continue this coversation through P.M. because it's derailing the good natured inentions of this thread.
, and I'm not arguing with someone on an internet forum about my life.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Annisman, fantastic that you're doing this for the community! Last time someone had a giveaway, i waited for the winner to be revealed and then i wound up reading through the posts and selected someone who i felt deserved an ATI 4850 the most and mailed it to them. I'll see if i have another Video card that i can do the same with... Call it a second-chance consolation prize. Naturally it will go to someone who is in dire need of an upgrade. (like if they have an 8600 GTS or worse)

This is really cool; very nice. I'd like to enter for ONLY THE GAME. I have a GTX460 in one system and a HD5770 in the other, but they seem to be enough for my needs, since I mostly play [MMO]RPG and RTS, and my newest FPS is UT2K4 (which I rarely play).

Edit: Jonpaul, that's a cool idea also. I may have a component or two I should give away like that...

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Great idea, P.M. if you want to work on discussing something, your call.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

The 4850 I gave out a few months ago went to "shadow187" who made good use of it compared to what he had and he was/is a loyal community member who has helped many people within the forums. That had alot to do with deciding to give it to him.

Even if it's just a WD Caviar Black 640-GB 32-meg cache 7200-rpm SATA hard drive, it will indeed be an upgrade to someone who posts here.

I will PM you once i figure out what items i will give out.

I haz 5850's :/ but i dont have mafia 2!

donev2bwcopy.jpg

Core i7 920 @4Ghz
3 x 1GB OCZ 1200Mhz 7-7-7-21
2 x HD5850's @ 950/1200
Custom Water
Corsair Obsidian 800D
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Corsair HX850
Lamptron FC6
ASUS Xonar D2 (Not in Pic)
Sammy Spinpoint F3 500GB
Some Fans
Some Cold Cathodes
Custom cable sleaving

I like to play almost all games, but my favorite are first person shooters like BFBC2 and CODMW2.

Computer Specs
Antec 1200
Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.53Ghz
Asus P5K-Premium @ 1057Mhz
6GB DDR2-1066
ATi Radeon 4870
3x WD 6400AAKS RAID 0
1x 1.5TB 7200.11
SilverStone ST1000-NV (1kW PSU)
ViewSonic 22" widescreen
Windows 7 Pro x64

internal.jpg

Edit: I no longer have a IDE DVD drive so that IDE ribbon cable is gone. I also added a Intel Server NIC as my realtek one doesnt function properly, and I removed that backpanel expansion USB/Fireware

My 4870 is studdering in many of the new games now @ 1680x1050 with AA and AF. I play alot of FPS, and RTS games. RTS games can play hell on my graphics system with a boat load of units. I also do a decent amount of video encoding and ATi GPU's dont accelerate video encoding as well as nVidia GPU's with CUDA.

Previous Graphics Card history:
GeForce 2 MX400
ATi Radeon X800 XT
ATi Radeon 2900 XT
ATi Radeon 4870

I probably won't win, but good luck to everyone that enters.

cbrownx88

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Yo I'm eligible!

beast

beast2.jpg

Intel Core i7 920@3.8Ghz
EVGA GTX 260 768mbs
Asus P6Tv2 X58 Deluxe
Corsair TX750 PSU (wish it was modular, but i think i did a fine job gettin cables pretty clean)
6GB GSkill RAM (cas latency 8)
1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Cooler Master V8
NEC DVD drive
Antec 902 Case
Windows 7 Ultimate

I'd like the card because I've been holding off on all DX11 games until I had a DX11 card; with one exception, Battlefield 2. Also I play at 1920x1200 and there are plenty of games I must sacrifice Anti-Aliasing due to a lack of RAM on my card. Some games I must drop out of my native resolution to play too as I'm quite sensitive to FPS drops.

Games - Counter-Strike Source, L4D 1&2, COD4, Starcraft 2, Battlefield 2, Fallout New Vegas, Crysis, Far Cry 2, Portal

Past cards:
-GTS 8600's in SLI
-GTS 7600
-1st card ever was a Voodoo 2

My previous gfx cards were two GTX 8600's in SLI. Fortunately the 2nd card was given to me because that setup was not very strong, although it could have been CPU-bound because I had an old AthlonX2 at that time. When I got my current GTX260 it was the only item that made it into my new build. I'd say it's the weakest link in my system when it comes to gaming. I've also been quite interested in having a dedicated Phys-X card but when I attempted to use one of my old 8600's (before giving one to my sister and one to my friend), it wasn't quite strong enough. Plus I have a case that will cool that beast!

I'm not an entrant, but annisman, exactly how do you get these hardware? Manufacture gifts? Competitions? PM if needed.

Anyways, it's good of you to do this. Perhaps you may want to reduce the "minimum" needed to enter. As in a person with a ATI 4870 still has a fine card and so can't enter. This should go to some one in need imo. But I'm not the OP so I'll shut up.

Tip: Don't use Image Shack. They delete your images if it gets too much traffic. Use imgur.
Link: http://imgur.com/
Imo, Imgur is faster and they don't delete your image up to 4 weeks or more.

Oh and PS: I have 2x keys for Dogfighter left that I got this week (I got 2x packs and gave a bunch to my friends). I will give them to who ever Annisman chooses, that is if OP agrees to this. Obviously, one must have a Steam account. I may also throw in Bioshock (the first one) and/or Civ III (any one who has not played this and in to RTS should play this imo). I realize these 2 games are old, but they ARE excellent games. Better than most of the other cr@p out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.