ok trying to fig out whats going on or what somthing is ok

im using 2 programs here speedfan and speccy

speed fan
temp1 is showing temp of 35c
core1 is showing temp of 14c

speccy
cpu temp is 34c
mobo temp is 35c

so im pritty shore temp 1 is my cpu but what is the core1 thay both go up with load but the core1 temp goes up faster i have no idia whats going on or what it is i did the blow dryer trick and thay both whent up slowly at same rate when pointed at the cpu heatsink plz help attached a pic to show yas all
Lynmachine

http://img862.imageshack.us/i/35273001.jpg/
35273001.jpg

Solution
The info is right there in HWMonitor.Core 1 and Core 2 are right their under the processor section.Core 1 is at 34c and Core 2 is at 37c.I don't remeber why but sometimes different cores will be off a couple degress even tho their located on the same chip(physically)
SpeedFan is inccurate for telling temps.It probably doesn't have your BIOS info and thats why it's reporting such wierd temps.
Just disreguard what SpeedFan is saying,don't even use it.Use eithe CoreTemp or HWMonitor for monitoring the temps.

Hope this helped.
Speccy seems closer, speedfan is pretty useless on your system since Temp1 is the only plausible temp there, so i dont suggest using it on that system. Try HWMonitor, its made by CPU ID just like Speccy so they should agree and it should be a bit more successful than speedfan.

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
i totaly belive the temp 1 is the cpu temp but what is the core1 reading its not the core but the case is is coole really cool fan exit air is cold not worm or hot could the core be reading the case temp some how or a sertin fan temp i wont be using any temp senser soon as i get my fan controler with the sensers but i know it is coler when i had my setup in the stock acer aspire mini case the temps where high like high 50s but now with the haf912 there alot lower just wondering what temps are what

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
thats what i dont get the only thing i can think of is there is a error but its like this every restart and or the senser is on the fan attached to the cpu cooler its a 4 pin amd stock cooler nothing else so with that said i dont think thats it eather ill give you all my info its a

acer wmcp78m mobo
amd athlon 64x2 5000+ cpu sock am2 940
ican give you more if needed i have cpu-z

what do you think it is

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
sorry we did not menthen this before but the speedfan tems chip and senser say this

label chip senser sample bus address

temp1 it8718f temp1 37C ISA $290
Core1 AMD K8 Core 15C PCI $0

now could the core be my vidio card witch is a ati hd 5450

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Goddamnit reading this thread is driving me crazy.
Please spell check your posts! Some words that poke out like a sore thumb are:
"Senser (sensor),"
"vidio (video),"
"menthen (mention),"
"coole (cool),"
"shore (sure),"
"idia (idea),"
"thay (they)," and
"pritty (pretty)."

If your browser doesn't spell check by default, you should download a plugin like Greasemonkey to spell check for you.

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
iv done the mini torch test before it dont rais it as high as you thingk im not stupid to the point of throwing the torch on it for long its like 10-15 sec and its a consintrated flow i also have an adapter for doing shrink tubing where its like a heatgun but hoter i know your just trying to save my comp. no worries
i did do it to no avail didnt rais nuthing

i have the hw moniter here is a screenshot of it but it still does not show what that senser is all i am trying to do is find out wether im going to use that senser or not weather its a true senser and or if its a working one i like speed fan and speed fan is showing the right temp for the temp1 it looks to be my cpu so imma use that but what i need to know is what is the other one the core1

link of hwmon
http://img716.imageshack.us/i/hwmon.jpg/

link to all 3 at once speedfan,hwmon,speccy
http://img31.imageshack.us/i/all3s.jpg/

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

lis pal if you wanna poke fun at ppls spelling go get a job at a school this is a thread for helping ppl with there comps not there spelling im a 25yr with a bad case adhd and i was never good with grammer or spelling so sorry for my lang toms but pal back the *** of you inconsiderat *** nut once again toms hardwhere im sorry for my lang but ppl like this drive me nuts thinking there better then everyone else

but also ty for the idea i now have the spell checker downloaded called ieSpell sorry for my outburst plz ask me first if I'm using a spell checker not poke fun right away once again I'm sorry but it rattles me where ppl poke fun at my inability to spell right there is nothing i can really do

The main thing is that he understood you so nothing to worry about. Not everybody that posts on this forum has English as their first language! So ones in a while we get posts that is not correctly spelled but the suggestion of a spell checker is valid and it is actually a useful tool. (I have a spell checker installed in Firefox for three languages and it is very helpful)
Looking at your HW monitor picture you have nothing to worry about your temps are good.

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
yes i know my temps are good but to get back to the first post what is the core1 temp sensor like what is it for what temp is it showing for it was not a post to see if it was OK or not just to see what the sensor was for
lynmachine

ps i have the spell checker now ty

I see no problem with your HWMonitor temps...
Under processor it's showing your dual core.Temps are at 35c which is normal.Looks like it's highest is 45c so no problems.
Only thing that looks troubling is your CPU voltage is at 1.63.Thats high even for a high performance processor.Although i have no knowledge on the older processor like the one you have.
Also your power supply looks like it's either aging or is very poor.The amperage on the +12v rail should be 12v but it's at 10v.

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
oMg plz read the first posts I'm looking to see what the sensor is for on the core1 not volts or crap really i know your trying to help but come on stop trying to diagnoses my comp and put that effort in on finding out what the sensor core 1 is reading i know my psu is old i know all my comp components are old but come on I'm asking for help on a sensor not finding out whats wrong with my volts everything you see will be upgraded

to be on nest I'm buying the new amd bulldozer as soon as it comes out so all of this don't matter imma upgrade all my comp all I'm asking is for a sensor reading

The info is right there in HWMonitor.Core 1 and Core 2 are right their under the processor section.Core 1 is at 34c and Core 2 is at 37c.I don't remeber why but sometimes different cores will be off a couple degress even tho their located on the same chip(physically)
SpeedFan is inccurate for telling temps.It probably doesn't have your BIOS info and thats why it's reporting such wierd temps.
Just disreguard what SpeedFan is saying,don't even use it.Use eithe CoreTemp or HWMonitor for monitoring the temps.

Hope this helped.

Solution