I'm not much of a gamer, but I broke down and bought 'Street Fighter IV' for the PC because of how much I loved playing it on my iPhone. I looked around and saw that the game could be played on machines with less resources than mine. When I fired up the game, it was doing between 11- 13 FPS. Real crappy and slow. So I lowered all the settings to the min, and still not much better.
I have my laptop docked with the Dell E/port simple port replicator w/ a DVI and VGA connected to two HP W2207H 22" LCD displays.
I updated to the most recent version of drivers from NVIDIA's website and tried again. Not better.
I un-docked and played, and had slightly better results, but not what I was expecting.
If anyone has suggestions short of getting an entirely new computer, please let me know! Thanks.
Here's the specs of my laptop:
* Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 with VT, 2.80GHz, 1066MHz 6M L2 Cache, Dual Core
* 4.0GB, DDR2-800 SDRAM, 2 DIMM
* NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M, 256MB dedicated
* 250GB Hard Drive 9.5MM 7200RPM FFS
* Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit