P8Z68-V PRO no signal to monitor and red memory light

iamloco724

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
this is my first build it took me all day to do with my father since we took our time and of course instructions they give arent ment for first time builders so had to watch some youtube vids along the way

everything seemed to be going fine then i was going for my first boot im going to be using the on board graphics so i just plugged my monitor into the vga output on the motherboard when i boot it stars no display then reboots (the reboots i heard about happening with this board so not concerned) then it boots back up and stays up but no display

the red led by the memory is on a constantly

i tried each stick of ram individually and i also tried all the slots still the same tried mem ok

i cleared the cmos still the same

this is the ram i chose F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM ..im not sure its on the list but i know for a fact its worked with my motherboard for many other users

power seems fine from what i can tell

heres to posts i found that are similar to my problem but neither solution helped

http://www.overclock.net/t/1139736/solved-asus-p8z68-v-pro-no-display-via-on-board-graphics

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/143884-no-display-asus-p8z68-v-pro.html

the first post seems to be related to ram.....

the 2nd post he forgot to plug in the EATX 12V power i believe i have everything set right i took some pictures if you want more of a specific spot let me know at first we were confused with that cable we took the one that came with the power supply labeled cpu and pluged that into the power supply where it said cpu and on the board we plugged it into the eatx 12v the cable is pictured below and also showed plugged into where the 12volt is on the board once again lack of detailed instructions didnt help matters

as of now if i get no help here or if we determine its something dead im bringing it assembled to micro center for them to help me out i have no other option and the last thing i wanna do is take anything apart since i bought mostly everything from them anyway

btw defiantly isnt the monitor as its the same one i been using for years and the same one im on right now connected to a different pc..and unfortunately i cant try different ram in the new build cause all my computers are that old that nothing is compatible

here is my specs

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Evo
Intel Core i7-2600K
G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
Intel 510 Series
Seasonic X660