New Build Problems

Hello, I have quite a few problems with my build. I've already checked the forum. I had all my parts and I started to build it on the 25th (I'm 14 :P). My Dad and I were building, came across a shortage, and found out we needed the standoffs to supports the screwholes. We fixed that problem. A new one, the monitor wouldn't turn on after powering on the tower, my brother said I need an HDMI adapter to adapt the monitor to my graphics card. My newest problem, the one I can't seem to find and support for, is after I power on the tower, I can't use the same button to turn it off, I have to use the switch on the power supply. I can use the button on the front of the chassis to turn it on, but I can't use the same button to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Multi-core Processor 3.0GHz 2.0 total Cache Socket AM3 with Heat sink
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB-2GBx2GB (Don't know any further info, sorry :()
CPU Cooler: Stock Heat Sink Fan
Video Card: MSI R5670 1GB GDDR5
Power Supply: Corsair VX450W 450 Watts
Hard Drive: Came in OEM, can't remember info besides WD 500GB Black
Case: XION Vantage W/ (I think) 90mm LED Fan in front
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I haven't done anything besides check the wiring.
6 answers Last reply
More about build problems
  1. Bump. Please help me.
  2. Go here, read this, do each and every step accurately and thoroughly. If you still have a problem, come back here. If the PSU will not shut down when you hold the start button in for 5-10 seconds, you have got something wired incorrectly. Double and triple check your case wiring, you may have the + and - backward on something, it is easy to do with the very small plugs, and sometimes they just don't seem to make sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems
  3. Hi Daniel-_-,

Why would you need to turn the PC off with the same button?
    Why not install Windows and then shut it down correctly through the start menu?

Regards keith263
  4. Hello keith263,

That does seem to save some work simpler, but I'd rather have my computer working correctly. Also I don't think my father would allow it.
  5. jitpublisher said:
    Go here, read this, do each and every step accurately and thoroughly. If you still have a problem, come back here. If the PSU will not shut down when you hold the start button in for 5-10 seconds, you have got something wired incorrectly. Double and triple check your case wiring, you may have the + and - backward on something, it is easy to do with the very small plugs, and sometimes they just don't seem to make sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

Thank you, jitpublisher! The entire time, it was just the RAM not fastened all the way!!
  6. Make sure you've placed all the things correctly, or you could have your pc burnt... It happened to me years ago... :(
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems