Sign in with
Your question

New Build Problems

Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2010 11:01:55 PM

Hello, I have quite a few problems with my build. I've already checked the forum. I had all my parts and I started to build it on the 25th (I'm 14 :p ). My Dad and I were building, came across a shortage, and found out we needed the standoffs to supports the screwholes. We fixed that problem. A new one, the monitor wouldn't turn on after powering on the tower, my brother said I need an HDMI adapter to adapt the monitor to my graphics card. My newest problem, the one I can't seem to find and support for, is after I power on the tower, I can't use the same button to turn it off, I have to use the switch on the power supply. I can use the button on the front of the chassis to turn it on, but I can't use the same button to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Multi-core Processor 3.0GHz 2.0 total Cache Socket AM3 with Heat sink
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB-2GBx2GB (Don't know any further info, sorry :( )
CPU Cooler: Stock Heat Sink Fan
Video Card: MSI R5670 1GB GDDR5
Power Supply: Corsair VX450W 450 Watts
Hard Drive: Came in OEM, can't remember info besides WD 500GB Black
Case: XION Vantage W/ (I think) 90mm LED Fan in front
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I haven't done anything besides check the wiring.

More about : build problems

December 28, 2010 6:34:57 AM

Bump. Please help me.
m
l
December 28, 2010 12:40:50 PM

Go here, read this, do each and every step accurately and thoroughly. If you still have a problem, come back here. If the PSU will not shut down when you hold the start button in for 5-10 seconds, you have got something wired incorrectly. Double and triple check your case wiring, you may have the + and - backward on something, it is easy to do with the very small plugs, and sometimes they just don't seem to make sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2010 5:23:39 PM

Hi Daniel-_-,

Why would you need to turn the PC off with the same button?
Why not install Windows and then shut it down correctly through the start menu?

Regards keith263
m
l
December 28, 2010 7:59:14 PM

Hello keith263,

That does seem to save some work simpler, but I'd rather have my computer working correctly. Also I don't think my father would allow it.
m
l
December 28, 2010 10:29:42 PM

jitpublisher said:
Go here, read this, do each and every step accurately and thoroughly. If you still have a problem, come back here. If the PSU will not shut down when you hold the start button in for 5-10 seconds, you have got something wired incorrectly. Double and triple check your case wiring, you may have the + and - backward on something, it is easy to do with the very small plugs, and sometimes they just don't seem to make sense.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...

Thank you, jitpublisher! The entire time, it was just the RAM not fastened all the way!!
m
l
December 28, 2010 10:42:16 PM

Make sure you've placed all the things correctly, or you could have your pc burnt... It happened to me years ago... :( 
m
l
!