Pentium d processor compatible

I HAVE AN OLD MOTHERBOARD INTEL G31, IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH AN ALSO OLD PENTIUM D 2.8GHZ PROCESSOR?
7 answers Last reply
More about pentium processor compatible
  1. G31 is the chipset designation. You need to provide the motherboard model or at least the socket.
  2. All G31 chipset desktop boards will be socket 775. Almost all of them support Core 2 Duo, Quad, and Extreme CPU's. Some will also support Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron. It depends on the exact make and model of the board. Do you know the make/model of the board?
  3. clutchc said:
    G31 is the chipset designation. You need to provide the motherboard model or at least the socket.


    Thanks. I see, so my motherboard model is exactly G31pr on an LGA 775 socket.
  4. mavroxur said:
    All G31 chipset desktop boards will be socket 775. Almost all of them support Core 2 Duo, Quad, and Extreme CPU's. Some will also support Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron. It depends on the exact make and model of the board. Do you know the make/model of the board?



    My motherboard model is Intel G31pr.
  5. mavroxur said:
    All G31 chipset desktop boards will be socket 775. Almost all of them support Core 2 Duo, Quad, and Extreme CPU's. Some will also support Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron. It depends on the exact make and model of the board. Do you know the make/model of the board?



    How do I know The make/model of the board?
  6. From the manufacturer's spec sheet for the MB-iG31PR


    Processor

    Support for an Intel® Core™2 Quad processor (95 W TDP) in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor in an LGA775 socket with an 1333, 1066 or 800 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Celeron® 400 sequence processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
  7. mavroxur said:
    From the manufacturer's spec sheet for the MB-iG31PR


    Processor

    Support for an Intel® Core™2 Quad processor (95 W TDP) in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor in an LGA775 socket with an 1333, 1066 or 800 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
    Support for an Intel® Celeron® 400 sequence processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus



    Thanks for d info.. til next time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Pentium Processors Intel Motherboards Compatibility