• Nvidia
  • Desktops
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b Î Nvidia
October 28, 2010 7:42:44 PM

Nvidia's Desktop Cards Shipments Skyrocket

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/201010272110...

Quote:
The Q3 2010 was clearly a good quarter for desktop standalone graphics adapters: the market grew 20% quarter-over-quarter to 18.7 million units. Given that during the quarter Nvidia Corp. released its GeForce GTS 450 and GTX 460 graphics boards and AMD reconsidered pricing of its offerings, it is not a huge surprise that the market got a boost

Close competition is good for the consumer.

More about : nvidia fighting back

October 28, 2010 8:01:51 PM

Mobile discrete? I never know that market is so big? hmm.

nVidia is obviously alive and strong. Good to know. looks like NV base has finally out in force in past three month, when nVidia finally got 460, 450 out of the door....
October 28, 2010 8:43:32 PM

My how the mighty have become two! Love it! The harder they battle, the better the technology and lower the prices... Pass it on!!!
October 28, 2010 8:58:44 PM

cirslevin said:
Mobile discrete? I never know that market is so big? hmm.

nVidia is obviously alive and strong. Good to know. looks like NV base has finally out in force in past three month, when nVidia finally got 460, 450 out of the door....

I wouldnt say strong necessarily, they dont really have a card on the market that doesnt have a AMD card that is a better deal, with exception of the 460 768mb perhaps. But DEFINITELY alive, just a little struggling. The 580, 570, and 475 will hopefully bring them back into the lead, or competition a little.
!