Build Help

Hey guys im building a computer for graphics work/gaming soon. here are all the parts:

Intel core i7 2600k( i want to OC to 4.5)
Thermaltake frio(i7 ready) 8mm heatpipes dual 120 mm fans intel/amd cpu cooler
Sapphire Radeon 6950 2gb( flashing to 6970)
G.Skill 6 gb(3x2) 240 pin ddr3 sdram ddr3 1600 Triple channel kit
Samsung spinpoint f3 1tb 7200rpm sata
Asus drw-24b1st/blk/b/as black sata 24x dvd burner
Rosewill blackhawk gaming atx mid tower
MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Here are my questions:

1. Hows the powersupply? to much? to little? I may also crossfire another flashed 6950 in the future. Im just not sure how much i need with the OC and crossfire.

2. Am i doing anything wrong in this build? Missing anything?

any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated :)
10 answers Last reply
More about build help
  1. 1) Seems powerful enough. Make user it is Xfire ready.

2) nope. Just wait another day to see if any pros come and critique it. I would say go and build.
  2. thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have any suggestions or info about the psu?
  3. also does anyone know if the msi mobo is the best p67 board around that price range? ive heard mixed opinions about asus, gigabyte and msi.
  4. It is all preferential.
  5. If you are gonna run Adobe based apps and/or work with softwares such as 3ds Max, my recommendation is to go for a Nvidia video card..
  6. why do you suggest an nvidia card? and does anyone know about the psu? thats my main issue, will it be enough if i want to OC and possibly have another card in the future. Also i just decided to go for G.Skill ripjaws series 4x2 1600 ram.
  7. I did say it was enough.
  8. I ran two GTX 560 TI SC in SLI on my Corsair CMPSU850TX without issues on an overclocked Core i7 920. I won't worry about it basically!!
  9. ooo ok :) cool good to know and thanks guys. Any other suggestions?
  10. Adobe apps and 3DS Max tend to use CUDA cores very efficiently.. Thus my recommendation to get a Nvidia video card..
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel Components Product