Best Air Flow Case For Gaming

X-Legend

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
This will be my very fist custom case, so I'm kind of new to the whole computer case scene.

As the title suggest, I'm looking for full tower case that's the best when it comes to air cooling. I don't know what the pros and cons are to aluminum vs. plastic, but I do feel (literally) that aluminum is better quality. But I guess you guys are the pros, so I'll leave it up to you. Either or is fine.

I don't care about hot-swappable bays, open case/see-through case, LED lights, etc.; all that extra ****. I just want the best cooling there is. Oh, and USB 3.0.

I'm willing to spend anywhere from $100-$225, preferably in the lower range. Best bang for my buck would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

oby20

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

here are some of the ultimate gaming cases.

air-flow-o_1.jpg

air_flow.jpg

air-flow1.jpg

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis

Regardless of which case you purchase, do not buy without first looking at the Coolermaster HAF-922 or the HAF-932.

The amount of airflow in the HAF series is just short of amazing. With a Scythe Mugen2-B on my 920 and running 8 threads of Prime95, the temps never went above 61C. The biggest complaint is the lack of fan filters but that isn't anything that can't be fixed with a can or air and few minutes every couple of months.

Good luck!

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah as Chuckymonster says, I wouldn't look anywhere else until you've checkout the Cooler Master cases, especially the HAF (high air flow) series. Those fans move a lot of air and they are reasonably priced. I find their stuff is high quality and very well designed. Silverstone is also good...checkout the RV01 with its different board orientation.....makes sense. Antec gaming cases are decent and if you are sold on aluminum and have deep pockets, Lian Li are about as good as it gets.

Ailfawka

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2012
Antec Dark Fleet Series DF-35
very bangish for buck
and I just recently used this for my latest rig
works very well and ambient temps in general are in the low twenties on a average day.

what I put into it....
gigabyte x79-ud3
CORE i7 3820 3.6GHz Quad CORE (water cooled)
nVidia GeForce GTX680 (currently stock cooled)
8Gig (2x4g) Quad Channel DDR3 PC-12800
HDD
Optical Drive
Multi Card Reader (internal)
Bluetooth (internal)
NZXT Sentry LXE (internal Card external touch screen device)
5x 120mm

all this fits nicely and the case stays very cool

http://www.google.com.au/products/catalog?hl=en&cp=2&gs_id=72j&xhr=t&q=antec+gaming+case&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1680&bih=878&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6459054830842359865&sa=X&ei=mCoTULXrKu2QiAfWm4HwDA&sqi=2&ved=0CH4Q8wIwCA