HIS H577QT1GD Radeon HD 5770 IceQ 5 Turbo Video Card Problem

anthonyd3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have just put together a new PC and everything seems to be working fine except for my graphics card. As the Title says, it's a HIS H577QT1GD Radeon HD 5770 IceQ 5 Turbo Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0. The motherboard I am using is a MSI 785GM-E51 Motherboard - AMD 785G, Socket AM3.

When I boot the machine the fan of the graphics card sounds to be spinning at about 100%, and never varies this speed from start-up to shutdown. The only graphics device windows 7 sees is the ATI on board drivers.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Anthony

anthonyd3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, I downloaded and installed the latest CCC for ATI driver.

While poking around in the BIOS, I could not find any way to disable the onboard VGA, but I did set the priority to the PCIe.

I have uninstalled the VGA driver from device manager then rebooted, and it reinstalls itself.

anthonyd3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I removed the card, disabled the on board drivers, removed all of the existing ATI drivers. I then restarted after replacing the card, and installed again. It keeps installing for the ATI on board device and refuses to acknowledge the 5770 card.

Does anyone have some ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Could my PCIe slot be bad? Could the card be bad but the fan still be working?

Anthony