No display on wakeup

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Not sure where to put this, if a moderator sees this feel free to move it.

I put my computer to sleep, and most of the time when I wake it up everything functions as normal except there is no signal sent to my display. I can open programs and such, I can hear the sound through my speakers. I've had this problem with 3 different Windows installs, 2 different HDDs, 2 motherboards (same make and model, blew a voltage regulator on the first), and 3 video cards. One video card was an ATI but I've always had Nvidia drivers installed along side it for dedicated physx. The constants are my PSU, CPU, RAM, and Monitor. I've tested my PSU with a voltmeter at 0% load and it is fine, I've changed my ram timings, voltages, frequency, I've changed almost every setting I can think of with my CPU, it even does it with everything at stock settings. It works fine if I make it hibernate instead of sleep. I've also tried disabling the hybrid sleep and that didn't help. I'm out of ideas.

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
It sucks because I don't want to lose all my work when I walk away from my computer for a while, but I don't want it to be on all the time sucking power and shortening the life of my components. I'll probably just leave it on hibernate, it does the same thing but it takes like another 15-20 sec to boot up. I just wondered if anybody knew an easy fix I may have overlooked. The one other thing I don't like about hibernate is you can't tell if the computer is hibernating or shut off because all of the lights go out. I'm just nitpicking though, it's not a big deal.