ATI RadeonHD 4200 Graphics vs. GeForce 210 on Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Thanks

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
In rebuilding my desktop system from the ground up basicly my brain has swelling. So any insight sure help and as it seems too be said: ~~~Thanks in Advance~~~

Well I'm wondering if the graphics card that I bought as a combo with the motherboard, (from Newegg.com) really is compatible or have I just not figured it out yet. Here is my system:
- Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
- motherboard BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G ATX AMD Motherboard64169908 which has the AMD 785G chipset with ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics which is known or described as intergrated graphics into the motherboard I think. (I'm really all new when it comes to graphics.)
and a MSI N210-MD512H GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card64169908 installed in the PCI Express 2.0
- G-Skill DDR2 800 pc2-6200 1024MB x 2 memory and 430watt powersupply
- and a really nice sata C:drive WD680 32cache etc.etc.etc.
The board BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G ATX AMD Motherboard64169908 with AMD 785G Chipset includes ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 Graphics. So as you might can see that is an ATI product that is "intergrated" into the board as I understand it. But I also have a MSI N210-MD512H GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card64169908 that I've inserted into the PCI Express 2.0 slot and I really want to be able to use that because the card mentions "Shader Model 4.1 support" and also OpenGL 3.1 support. I have my last remaining installation of adobe CS3 production studio installed on the C:drive which can only run on windows xp 32bit of course and I wish to make the most of it. Well when I turn on the computer and windows finishes coming up I keep getting the message.... "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your Ati adapter using the Displays Manager." And yes ~ I keep seeing three differant letters (basicly) ATI & MSI but can't seem to find the trick of getting the ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 Graphics to be happy with the GeForce 210. I'm thinking something needs be set so that there is no conflict. (everything seems to be working fine just that I keep getting that message da!) In System Information/Hardwear Resources/Conflicts Sharing it does seem to show that and agree!
Along the way I did find the link to the "Steam" site :sol: : http://store.steampowered.com/ and I remember "finally" being able to update the driver or graphic situation by just hitting the play button on some game. And before playing I got the impression that Steam checked to see if my drivers configuration? was all in order. The result was that all of the GeForce 210 information became populated in the ATI Catalyst Control Center (instead of just a very basic awareness that the NVIDA GeForce 210 card was yes there.) And the two seemed to get along very well and did'nt get that message at the system startup saying..."The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your Ati adapter using the Displays Manager." whenst powering up.
But then as per usuall I had to do someting over again. And so reformatted & the all new clean OS from the windows CD install thing/which went well! Thanksfully I had'nt put the CS3 in yet. :fou: But now I can't seem to find that trick anymore. Recently I did verify the most recent download for "ATI Radeon Video Drivers" by downloading the Catalyst Softwear Suite 42.3MB Version 10.10 and mention it in case maybe I'm missing someting. And I made use of the utility of deleating all drivers before pushing the first button for updateing/downloading it all. But I did that with the GeForce 210 card still installed. Seemed to all go OK. The drivers for the GeForce 210 were left untouched by the ATI utility operation apparently and still showing when I downloaded them.

Thanks for reading this and any insite you may have ~~~~ it is greatly appriciated~~~~ :hello:

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Best paragraph structure ever.

What is the question, my head hurts and I've only read the 2 first lines.
gt 210 is better than 4200Hd.
uninstall catalyst and plug your monitor to you gt210 and install latest drivers for you nvidia geforce card.

Another Thanks

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
~sorry the headhurt~ the catalyst is part of the mobo hardwear/with something intergrated the way I'm unerstanding it. Are you maybe saying that I can just uninstall the ATI catalyst by the add/remove program and shazamm? (the ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics is not a card.)

Status
Not open for further replies.