CPU-z Issue

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I have taken 2 HP Pavillions that were given to me and put in a few extras. Starting with a HP E9150F OEM ASUS M2N68-LA (Narra3) MOBO Nvidia OBG Phenom 9150 quad WD640 5 gig DDR 2 PC2 6400 plus the usual ports drives standard on such a machine.
The Doner machine a HP as well gave me A Phenom HD9750 quad 95 watt chip and 8 gig samsung DDR PC 6400 ram.
I added a Thermaltake 500 watt PS replaced the HD with a new Seagate Baracuda 1TB and a ASUS 6670 VC and installed a new OEM OS Windows 7 Pro CPU cooler Zalman CNP57000.
The unit runs fine and has not shown any problems except when I ran CPU-z it shows the motherboard as the one that the doner chip and Ram came from(OEM)Pegatron.

This unit was built to have fun and help me learn about computer basics before I build a larger scratch built computer.
If things do not work out with this project moving on will not be a problem as I can afford to start over however if this works out I can hold of untill a later time.
Uses of this or any machine Microsoft office stuff web itunes and general photo stuff.

Solution
I'd be worried if replacing the Phenom X4 9150e with an Phenom X4 9750 didn't make any settings changes in the BIOS setup because that would indicate it didn't properly detect the donor CPU's operating voltage and clock multiplier difference.
I'd be worried if replacing the Phenom X4 9150e with an Phenom X4 9750 didn't make any settings changes in the BIOS setup because that would indicate it didn't properly detect the donor CPU's operating voltage and clock multiplier difference.

Solution

It could if all of the BIOS settings are forced to their default settings when it detected the change in CPU model.

Memory timings, speed and voltage that are currently in use should be verified to determine if they are correct/optimal.