Which parts of the computer can be repaired?

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
which parts of the computer can be repaired? please tell me the total list of the parts which can be repaired, and which parts can not be repaired.

I would say everything except the CPU itself and memory can be repaired to some extent if you have the correct tools and expertise and depending on what the reason for repair is. If the motor in a hard drive goes that can be replaced, if a capacitor blows on the motherboard or graphics card they can be replaced to repair it, there are some failures which will always be unrepairable(the GPU cooked itself) but many things can be fixed, but its generally not worth it.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Hunter's post basically covers it.

But it's more financially just to simply replace a part completely than to try and fix it. It will cost more to ship, disasseble, fix, reassemble and ship the product back than it would actually cost to just build a new one from scratch and ship as part of a large shipment.

The only thing I've ever found might be worth repairing is the power supply, if a capacitor or choke has gone. This is cheap to fix (parts will cost you like $5 max) and soldering is easy on the relatively simple PCB.

you mean by de-soldering parts? none.
the parts are interchangeable and cannot be repaired by your average user.

even if you do manage to replace the odd capacitor on a motherboard the chances are when it blew it would take other components with it, or damage them to the point you replace 1 another blows and it daisy chains from there.

so no m8 the parts can be swaped out for other new parts but you cant really repare the broken parts unless your a micro electronics engineer. even then it would be a pain it the budumpadump...

TRENDING THREADS