Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Has anyone experienced this?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 29, 2010 1:41:30 PM

Ok, does anyone have a computer that opens from the left hand side of their case when looking at the front of their tower?
A video card's input is facing the oppossite direction i would have to turn it around but then the ----- --- pci e slot would be out of wack and the anchor would be sitting in mid air of the tower with only the little lever on the slot holding the whole thing up (not that theres anything wrong with the motherboard, alignment, fitting or any other dimensional problems)

More about : experienced

a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 1:52:35 PM

Verify your slots are correct, don't force the card into a connector.
So everyone can visualize, please tell use the Mobo number and the video card
number.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 1:55:53 PM

new003 said:
the anchor would be sitting in mid air of the tower with only the little lever on the slot holding the whole thing up

How would that be any different in a reverse ATX or BTX case, the "little lever" is still in the same position on the card.
Score
Related resources
October 29, 2010 1:56:42 PM

mhelm1 said:
Verify your slots are correct, don't force the card into a connector.
So everyone can visualize, please tell use the Mobo number and the video card
number.

well, i can't force anything into anything because the video card's "teeth" is facing me not the motherboard i have to hold it in that way because the anchor is on the left if i turned it around it wouldnt work. The video card is nvidia 9400 gt. The motherboard is Gigabyte Ma785gm-us2h.
I had no problem with this card on my old computer that opened from the right which allowed me to put it through the back anchor and the teeth facing the right way.
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 2:02:18 PM

new003 said:
well, i can't force anything into anything because the video card's "teeth" is facing me not the motherboard i

Sometimes the entertainment value of these forums is staggering.
Score
October 29, 2010 2:18:20 PM

I'm very confused... The heatsink of the card should be facing down, what is the problem?
Score
a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 2:49:14 PM

Yeah he's trying to stick it in upside down. Fan points down.
Score
a c 216 U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 4:29:49 PM

benski said:
Yeah he's trying to stick it in upside down. Fan points down.

Or up, sometimes the cases are designed so it's upside down.
Score
October 29, 2010 5:22:06 PM

wow, ok i didn't know u could put it in upside down with fan at bottom when it comes to cases that open on the left. didn't even try that yet.
close post
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 29, 2010 6:02:07 PM

bystander said:
Or up, sometimes the cases are designed so it's upside down.

Yeah I've got a crappy dell at the office like that, but if the case opens on the left side it has to point down, otherwise you'd be looking at the back of the motherboard when you opened the side.
November 1, 2010 1:17:07 AM

Best answer selected by new003.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
November 1, 2010 1:30:21 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!