Has anyone experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Ok, does anyone have a computer that opens from the left hand side of their case when looking at the front of their tower?
A video card's input is facing the oppossite direction i would have to turn it around but then the ----- --- pci e slot would be out of wack and the anchor would be sitting in mid air of the tower with only the little lever on the slot holding the whole thing up (not that theres anything wrong with the motherboard, alignment, fitting or any other dimensional problems)

Solution

Yeah I've got a crappy dell at the office like that, but if the case opens on the left side it has to point down, otherwise you'd be looking at the back of the motherboard when you opened the side.

How would that be any different in a reverse ATX or BTX case, the "little lever" is still in the same position on the card.

new003

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010

well, i can't force anything into anything because the video card's "teeth" is facing me not the motherboard i have to hold it in that way because the anchor is on the left if i turned it around it wouldnt work. The video card is nvidia 9400 gt. The motherboard is Gigabyte Ma785gm-us2h.
I had no problem with this card on my old computer that opened from the right which allowed me to put it through the back anchor and the teeth facing the right way.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010

Yeah I've got a crappy dell at the office like that, but if the case opens on the left side it has to point down, otherwise you'd be looking at the back of the motherboard when you opened the side.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.