Solved

Gaming PC >$750

Approximate Purchase Date: March 2011.

Budget Range: 600-750 after rebates. EDIT: Crap, I put > instead of <. Sorry, guys.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet surfing, movie watching.

Parts Not Required: I need everything except a sound card, because I don't think the money would be worth the gained performance.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I would prefer newegg, because I trust them, but whatever site would offer me the best prices/shipping/taxes.

Country of Origin: U.S.A.

Parts Preferences: I don't really have a preference, honestly, because I've never gamed on a PC to a point where I would rather one or the other. I am looking for performance-based suggestions, not biased ones. I do know that I want a quad core CPU, though.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: I don't know about this one, but I would rather the highest I can get for the price.

Additional Comments: I'm kind of a noob when it comes to hardware, so I'm looking to learn from this. Also, I'm confused about all of the brands, because from one guy I hear Intel's the best and AMD sucks, and from another I hear different. Is there really any performance gain of an i5 over a Phenom II X4 running at the same speeds? And thank you for your input, in advance.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming
  1. Best answer
    your purchase date is far off and both intell and amd will release some new hardware soon next year
  2. difference between >750 and <750 the former is incorrect your budget is under 750 not over use the latter.

x<750 Budget less than 750

x>750 Budget greater than 750

Other than that I can't really say anything else as stated previously your purchase date needs to be closer in order to make suggestions
  3. wait.. so you need like EVERYTHING OS, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard?
  4. Say I was purchasing the build in a week, what would I build? And also, what new hardware is going to be released next year, and when?

And yes, everything. I don't need expensive accessories, though. I would rather the money be more focused on the computer and monitor than the accessories.
  5. Best answer selected by dhaze579.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product