dhaze579

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: March 2011.

Budget Range: 600-750 after rebates. EDIT: Crap, I put > instead of <. Sorry, guys.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet surfing, movie watching.

Parts Not Required: I need everything except a sound card, because I don't think the money would be worth the gained performance.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I would prefer newegg, because I trust them, but whatever site would offer me the best prices/shipping/taxes.

Country of Origin: U.S.A.

Parts Preferences: I don't really have a preference, honestly, because I've never gamed on a PC to a point where I would rather one or the other. I am looking for performance-based suggestions, not biased ones. I do know that I want a quad core CPU, though.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: I don't know about this one, but I would rather the highest I can get for the price.

Additional Comments: I'm kind of a noob when it comes to hardware, so I'm looking to learn from this. Also, I'm confused about all of the brands, because from one guy I hear Intel's the best and AMD sucks, and from another I hear different. Is there really any performance gain of an i5 over a Phenom II X4 running at the same speeds? And thank you for your input, in advance.

joelmartinez

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
difference between >750 and <750 the former is incorrect your budget is under 750 not over use the latter.

x<750 Budget less than 750

x>750 Budget greater than 750

Other than that I can't really say anything else as stated previously your purchase date needs to be closer in order to make suggestions

dhaze579

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Say I was purchasing the build in a week, what would I build? And also, what new hardware is going to be released next year, and when?

And yes, everything. I don't need expensive accessories, though. I would rather the money be more focused on the computer and monitor than the accessories.