Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking

Last response: in CPUs
March 23, 2011 7:51:44 AM

hey guys, my brother just got the hand me down pc since we built our new monster and his pc is pretty shitty. all he wants is basic gaming and emulators (dolphin/nulldc) but i have a problem. (experts, please help)

1. his motherboard is a hp 945gct-hm, which i flashed with a 9845gct-m bios to allow overclocking.

2. i then oc'd his e2160 from 1.6 to 2.2ghz (not that much i know).

3. the problem is, everytime i check the multiplier its on 6x instead of 8x. is this due to the motherboard? i understand that the mobo lowers the multiplier at times but even when i use a game, cpu intensive task or video editing, cpu-z states the multiplier is 6x and the fsb is still the same?

any help appreciated.

More about : overclocking

a c 112 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2011 8:04:35 AM

you probably need to turn off all the power saving features and things like speed step.
then again some motherboards just arnt designed for overclocking, often really cheap 1 with crap capacitors.
it may be that the chip you have has a locked multiplyer so wont allow overclocking...

m
l
March 24, 2011 4:17:37 AM

HEXiT said:
you probably need to turn off all the power saving features and things like speed step.
then again some motherboards just arnt designed for overclocking, often really cheap 1 with crap capacitors.
it may be that the chip you have has a locked multiplyer so wont allow overclocking...

i appreciate your help.
m
l
a c 112 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
March 24, 2011 6:45:53 AM

i looked it up and it does seem your cpu has a locked multiplier... so overclocking will be limited.
m
l
!