Closed Solved

Old Computers

:hello: Hi ever one I have an older 8 years old system I built my self and Im not shure what to buy for and up grade it to play some of the newer games. Its a M7vig pro with 2 ghz amd, 1gb ram and AGP 128mb nvidia FX 5200 ultra. Ive done a lot with it over the years and I am thinking a new video card would help out alot but what type would work? thanks for looking
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computers
  1. Even if you upgrade the GPU the CPU is going to limit you in newer games. Your money would be best spent towards a new system. If you still want to upgrade your card, if you can find a cheap used gf6600 or 6800 card in AGP flavor would be the best option.
  2. Best answer
    Robmcq said:
    :hello: Hi ever one I have an older 8 years old system I built my self and Im not shure what to buy for and up grade it to play some of the newer games. Its a M7vig pro with 2 ghz amd, 1gb ram and AGP 128mb nvidia FX 5200 ultra. Ive done a lot with it over the years and I am thinking a new video card would help out alot but what type would work? thanks for looking

Based on the mobo, it more likely that you have a Athlon XP 2000+ K7 based cpu as apposed to a true 2ghz amd processor (which would make it the K8 based Athlon64 3200+). You msot likley are using SDR ram and have an AGP slot. And you probably have a smaller older HD that slow as heck.

Your cpu, and your ram will limit you too much, evnen with a best AGP GPU, u will not play anything that hardware intensive that released in the past few years.

Time to let that PC go bro :(
  3. Best answer selected by Robmcq.
  4. I just wanted to say thank you to ever one who read and tought about my situation. Than you
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Graphics