Old Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robmcq

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
:hello: Hi ever one I have an older 8 years old system I built my self and Im not shure what to buy for and up grade it to play some of the newer games. Its a M7vig pro with 2 ghz amd, 1gb ram and AGP 128mb nvidia FX 5200 ultra. Ive done a lot with it over the years and I am thinking a new video card would help out alot but what type would work? thanks for looking

Solution

Based on the mobo, it more likely that you have a Athlon XP 2000+ K7 based cpu as apposed to a true 2ghz amd processor (which would make it the K8 based Athlon64 3200+). You msot likley are using SDR ram and have an AGP slot. And you probably have a smaller older HD that slow as heck.

Your cpu, and your ram will limit you too much, evnen with a best AGP GPU, u will...
Even if you upgrade the GPU the CPU is going to limit you in newer games. Your money would be best spent towards a new system. If you still want to upgrade your card, if you can find a cheap used gf6600 or 6800 card in AGP flavor would be the best option.

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010

Based on the mobo, it more likely that you have a Athlon XP 2000+ K7 based cpu as apposed to a true 2ghz amd processor (which would make it the K8 based Athlon64 3200+). You msot likley are using SDR ram and have an AGP slot. And you probably have a smaller older HD that slow as heck.

Your cpu, and your ram will limit you too much, evnen with a best AGP GPU, u will not play anything that hardware intensive that released in the past few years.

Time to let that PC go bro :(

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.