Seven 8 GB DDR3 Memory Kits For Your AMD A75 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmp_goose

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Where's the CAS7 DDR3-1333? Many of us are still trying to pin down how important timing are in the scheme of things …

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]hmp_goose[/nom]Where's the CAS7 DDR3-1333? Many of us are still trying to pin down how important timing are in the scheme of things …[/citation]

They're not.

You're better off buying value RAM with decent timings and throwing that extra $$$ into a GPU. I promise your FPS will improve more that way.

beenthere

Distinguished
As has been known for quite some time, there is virtually no performance gain on DDR3 RAM with lower CAS because DDR3 has plenty of bandwidth and frequency. The higher the frequency the lower the cycle time in real time, thus CAS 7 vs. CAS 9 is totally insignificant in system performance.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Is it a valid conclusion that, if the 8GB kits are good, then the corresponding 4GB and 2GB kits would be good to? Or will pricing make a difference there?

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Wish I found that Corsair CAS8 kit, but I did find the CAS9 version for $50, no rebate or shipping.

Nice review guys!

I got the HyperX modules the A8 and the Vengeance are on my main rig. Now, I'm still intrigued about unganged when using a 4 module MoBo. I got the A8 with 4 modules in unganged at 1600 CL9 and it runs pretty well, but i wonder how that compares to this 2 modules MoBo.

Cheers!

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I think the black horse here is 30-40$ 1333 value ram.

Still llano isn't strong enough to give any reason for faster twice as expensive (or more) rams.

IMHO who the hell would like to buy 60$ ram for a budget apu targeted more at htpc than anything.
P.S. 8GB of RAM in htpc or lowend rig *poke in the head*

Krnt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Uhhh... I have recently bought some cheaper 4GB Mushkin Redline 997013 1600 7-8-7-24 with the Frostbite Head spreader and lower voltage at Newegg, for $44 + shipping, I felt that was a good choice for the price.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]cypeq[/nom]I think the black horse here is 30-40$ 1333 value ram.Still llano isn't strong enough to give any reason for faster twice as expensive (or more) rams.IMHO who the hell would like to buy 60$ ram for a budget apu targeted more at htpc than anything. P.S. 8GB of RAM in htpc or lowend rig *poke in the head*[/citation]The CPU in that APU is a fairly good one, not everyone needs a graphics card.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]WhysoBluepandabear[/nom]They're not. You're better off buying value RAM with decent timings and throwing that extra $$$ into a GPU. I promise your FPS will improve more that way.[/citation]I agree more or less. I would rather get non-registered ECC memory and a good video card. An FPS or two isn't going to affect me much. Was burned by factory-overclocked DDR2 that started failing randomly after a few months. I decided that my data was a lot more important than speed.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]americanbrian[/nom]Why choose the A6 with its less demanding GPU part? Surely the A8 line would be a more suitable testbed?[/citation]Different editors get different CPUs and rarely complain about the supplier's decision.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]The CPU in that APU is a fairly good one, not everyone needs a graphics card.[/citation]
What is your point ? This article was not about CPU neither my comment .
Focus of this article was that expensive as hell ram will boost your graphical experience with integrated GPU. In my opinion gains do not justify the price mere 4 fps?
Next generation will bring more muscle to the stage article like that may be justified then. For now I'd advice everyone unsure to go with quality value ram and spend extra money towards stronger processor.

Still results here are staggering compared to regular desktop setups where highend +100$ rams give marginal (bellow 1fps) advantage over 1333 cl9 value rams.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]cypeq[/nom]What is your point ? This article was not about CPU neither my comment .Focus of this article was that expensive as hell ram will boost your graphical experience with integrated GPU. In my opinion gains do not justify the price mere 4 fps?Next generation will bring more muscle to the stage article like that may be justified then. For now I'd advice everyone unsure to go with quality value ram and spend extra money towards stronger processor.Still results here are staggering compared to regular desktop setups where highend +100$ rams give marginal (bellow 1fps) advantage over 1333 cl9 value rams.[/citation]
I think this is relevant:
image005.png

You have a good CPU for an upper-mainstream system in that APU. That justifies the extra capacity. If you're a "casual" gamer, you also have a "barely acceptable" GPU. That justifies the extra performance.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
another confirmation that even though ram is important to a system, it is usually not going to be something worth upgrading speed to make your system go faster,, usually it is just better to add more...maybe a test setup for 4/8/16 GB to see what is best to run with on a fusion system and if timings affect the speed with lower amounts of ram....

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Over the years I've been let down by just about all ram manufacturers except for kingston. Usually their RAM is more expensive, not as aggressively clocked by default, but it has NEVER failed me. I pay for that and don't even look back.

Of course that might change with my next Kingston modules, but so far my experience has been a perfect 4/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.