Upgrade for my pc?

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
i'm looking forward to upgrade my rig these is the specs of my old rig.

spec:
-X6 1055T
-Gigabyte 770T-US3
-6 GB (2x3) DDR3 dual channel kingston
-Gigabyte 5970
- 1 TB Green Power 3Gbps sata ii

others :
-Haf-X casing
-23" Full HD LG Monitor
-Spire Thermax Eclipse II

my motherboard - processor - ram is not so fast to pair with 5970, makes it useless to use 5970.

so I want to upgrade with these by buying these :
-i7 950
-Asus Rampage III / Gene / Formula / Extreme
-Any DDR3 1600 mhz Triple Channel (6 / 8 / 12 GB's)

optional : 500GB Caviar Black WD / 1 TB Caviar Black WD 6 Gbps Sata iii (For my OS , because WD Green Power sucks)

questions :
- are there any processor that is better than i7 950 (from value and performance aspects)
- Does spire thermax eclipse II can handle i7 950?
- Which is the best , Asus Rampage III Gene/Formula/Extreme or are there any motherboards better than those? (from value and performance aspects)
- Which is the best DDR3 Triple Channel 1600Mhz memory ? ((from value and performance aspects)
- any other advice that can be useful for this upgrade plan ? anything ?
and i want to upgrade my pc so much.! i think it's almost impossible for me to don't buy these parts.

Budget : around 700-900 $
my budget is not so much because in my currency it's pretty expensive, sorry if my english is bad. thanks before!

update : i'm planning to go to new york (i live in indonesia) and buy these parts from newegg.com / other websites and ship it to my aunt's apartment
so it's better if you give the combos package (because it's cheaper) from any good websites that sell these parts, thanks !

update : my CPU is a mess! after trying to put the cpu from heatsink ( it's STUCK ) , the downside of cpu is bent ! :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

i7 950 is faster than your CPU but if your main purpose is gaming,then don't upgrade.Because almost all games are GPU limited(and you have a fantastic VGA), so you aren't going to see a huge performance boost in most games.
I don't see anything wrong with your sig.6GB RAM along with a X6 CPU is fine for a 5970;furthermore,you play at 1080p which is more GPU limited than CPU limited.

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

i think 1055T is not so good, and ddr3 1333 mhz dual channel is not to. , sorry if i'm wrong . but the reviews shows that the fps is better. CMIIW :)

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

update : my CPU is a mess! after trying to put the cpu from heatsink ( it's STUCK ) , the downside of cpu is bent ! :pfff: :pfff: :pfff:

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

the i5 2500k yes ? LGA 1155 , is it better then i7 950 ? because the price is not as expensive as i think..

I don't know where you read those reviews but
1_Your CPU is fine unless you play at low resolutions(which you don't), also if you play CPU limited games in which a faster CPU will help
2_The RAM's speed,timings,voltage and other features don't make a noticeable difference in performance.So having a DDR3 1333MHz RAM configured in dual channel mode is enough.The main important feature is the capacity.

mak1rby

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

yes ive decided to wait for lga 1155 .

then i've just have to change the motherboard and cpu .i think i will wait for lga 1155 and perhaps 1365