Sign in with
Your question

No audio output device -tried everything, doesn't work?

Last response: in Components
March 23, 2011 6:24:59 PM

I have a HP Pavilion DV8210us Laptop.

It was working fine till like couple of weeks ago, I saw the red cross with 'No Audio Output Device Installed'. So based on that I thought it is a driver issue, so I go into Device Manager and try to look for 'SOUND VIDEO AND GAME OPTION'...to my surprise it doesn't exist in there. Then I even selected the option to show 'Hidden' Hardware, still I cannot find the sound card.

SOmetimes when I start my computer, the sound randomly appears and it works fine..till again I re start and then I get the 'No Audio Output Device Installed' msg again. I can't really pin point why its happening. I have tried re storing to earlier point, problem exists with sounds coming and going randomly. I have also restore to factory settings, still this random problem exists.

One thing I would like to point out my 'IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers' has RICOH OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller, and this has been with the yellow triangle. I have tried uninstall, reinstall, update (auto and browse)...the triangle doesn't go away. Don't know if this is related.
5 days ago - 1 day left for voting
Additional Details
I would like to add that when randomly the sounds appears...I do see the Sound, video and game controller item in the Device Manager

I have checked Windows Audio in services...I even restarted it...no luck.

More about : audio output device work

March 23, 2011 8:52:43 PM

the sound issue sounds like a hardware issue. Contact HP, they may cover it even if its out of warranty.
m
l
!