My computer has crashed how do i fix it it starts up and then restarts itself

tklive111

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
my computer crashed and now everytime I turn it on it goes to the windows XP screen then restarts itself what can I do to fix my problem.All I need is to do a system restore I have everything else backed up

As your computer moves from its BIOS to Windows during startup hit the F8 key, this should open the advanced booting options menu. Select the option to boot in safe mode. This should let you get into Windows with the absolute minimum of drivers and other software. Once inside you should be able to do your system restore.

G

help! I have the same problem! my pc xp windows reboots itself everytime I start it,after the windows logo,restarts again and again and again.

I have tried to use safe mode and the other options on screen but to no avail...still does the same.

What can I do? Do I have to get a new one?

We have Photos and other data that we have not backed up. Any help? Thank you.

help! I have the same problem! my pc xp windows reboots itself everytime I start it,after the windows logo,restarts again and again and again.

I have tried to use safe mode and the other options on screen but to no avail...still does the same.

What can I do? Do I have to get a new one?

We have Photos and other data that we have not backed up. Any help? Thank you.

If you have your XP disk, boot from it and try to do a repair installation, that will restore any damaged OS files without erasing your data. If that fails to solve your problem, pull the hard drive from the computer, hook it up to another machine and pull any files you wish to keep to the other computer or another storage medium, then hook the drive back up to the original computer and use the XP disk to reformat and reinstall the operating system.

man gurung

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014