New Digital Rebel

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 24, 2005 10:37:22 AM

I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital
Rebel. They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other
features as well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.

More about : digital rebel

January 24, 2005 11:58:37 AM

> I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital
> Rebel. They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other
> features as well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.

None of my sources are saying anything about a new Drebel. The current one
is still selling well at under CDN $1100 (under $800 usd). I don't expect a
replacement for at least a year. An 8.2 mega pixel Drebel would have to sell
for more than it's competition (Pentax, Olympus) Canon certainly won't
abandon the entry-level market. A new camera would have to sell for more,
most people buying the 300D are shopping price.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 6:16:30 PM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:58:37 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

>> I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital
>> Rebel. They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other
>> features as well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.

what you hear must be the lots of vapor escaping from the pressure in
the vaporware ..
January 24, 2005 7:24:39 PM

>I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital Rebel.
>They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other features as
>well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.

"Slow it down" ? It's already very slow. Usable, but nowhere near a 1D.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:24:40 PM

"Dave R knows who" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message

> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital Rebel.
>>They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other features as
>>well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.
>
> "Slow it down" ? It's already very slow. Usable, but nowhere near a 1D.

"Very slow?" You mean the 20D? 5fps is such a critical difference from
8fps? It's still faster than any other DSLR on the market, with the
exception of the 10 mkII and the Nikon D2x...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Skip M wrote:
> "Dave R knows who" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital Rebel.
>>>They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other features as
>>>well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.
>>
>>"Slow it down" ? It's already very slow. Usable, but nowhere near a 1D.
>>

> "Very slow?" You mean the 20D? 5fps is such a critical difference from
> 8fps? It's still faster than any other DSLR on the market, with the
> exception of the 10 mkII and the Nikon D2x...

I was wondering about slowing down the burst rate. The 5 fps seems
almost too fast for how I shoot, or perhaps I just need to hold it
longer. I don't need minute movements of hand or leg, but a wider range
over a longer time. Nice problem to have, tho.

--
John Mcwilliams
Anonymous

> I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital
> Rebel. They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other
> features as well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.

Might I ask where you heard that, and when said model would actually be
available for purchase?

My replacement DigiReb is in the mail now. If I could be reasonably
certain of your statements, I might just send it back unopened, and do
without - if the wait for the new model wouldn't be terribly long.

steve
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:13:16 AM

Dave R knows who wrote:
> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I hear that a 20D replica in a plastic body will be the new Digital Rebel.
>>They will also slow it down and leave off a couple of other features as
>>well. The price most likely be around the same as the old DR.
>

> "Slow it down" ? It's already very slow. Usable, but nowhere near a 1D.

Well, that would slow down sales :-)

Phil
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 2:23:41 PM

I heard a rumour that there w9ll be announcements at the next large
camera show.

!