Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Completely Black Screen

Last response: in Systems
December 29, 2010 4:07:03 PM

So my computer has been running fine the past few days but today I wanted to overclock the processor so I restarted it, went into the BIOS and enabled the Auto Overclock feature on my MSI board since I was pretty new to overclocking I figured I would let the mobo do it. I already read the owner's manual for the board so I figured it would be pretty simple and straightforward however when it restarted, my monitor simply told me there was no video input and so of course the light went from green to yellow and stayed that way for several minutes when I finally tried restarting it to see if that would fix it, it didn't, and then I shut it down and checked the cables making sure everything was connected.
So that's my first issue and the more important one.
My specs:
AMD Phenom II X3 740 ~3GHz, unlocked to a quad core
XFX HD 6850
G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
MSI 770-G45 Mobo
SeaSonic X650 Power supply

The other issue I had is when I set up my old computer so I could post on here and hope to get some advice. When I started it up, I had to re-install the ATI drivers which went fine I thought but after restarting, it would show me my desktop and whatever programs I opened up for just a minute and then the screen would go completely black(though my monitors light would stay green) and flash every 30 seconds or so or it would show these really strange lines and colors and what not. I currently have it in Safe mode with networking but the resolution is severely messed up and changing it via windows makes everything small unless I have CCC running.
Specs on this system:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 ~2.6GHz
XFX HD 4670
Asus M3A78-EM
Corsair 4GB DDR2 800
Sunbeam 680W power supply

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b K Overclocking
December 29, 2010 4:10:33 PM

System #1 => Pull out the MB manual and reset your BIOS. Probably a jumper on the MB... Your auto overclock failed and needs to be manually reset.
December 29, 2010 4:17:59 PM

Ah, thanks. I'll certainly try that.
It appears that the issue with system 2 is fixed...for now. Figures when I ask for advice on it, it'd fix itself but it's better than it never working again I suppose.
Related resources
December 29, 2010 5:38:00 PM

Best answer selected by Grove.
December 29, 2010 5:42:30 PM

Thank you :D  Everything is fixed now.
!