Whats the best processor for the S1 socket?

Solution
Socket S1 638 pins; is the CPU socket type used by AMD for their Turion 64, Athlon 64 Mobile and later Sempron processors, which debuted with the dual core Turion 64 X2 CPUs. It replaces the existing Socket 754 for laptops. Socket S1 includes support for dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM, dual-core mobile CPUs, and virtualization technology, to compete with the mobile Intel Core 2 processor series and the ATM Turion 64 X2 TL-66 2.3GHz is the fastest processor I found that fits the pin configuration, but I am not sure if it is the best per se. That depends on if you are looking at power consumption, speed, or some other factor.

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Socket S1 638 pins; is the CPU socket type used by AMD for their Turion 64, Athlon 64 Mobile and later Sempron processors, which debuted with the dual core Turion 64 X2 CPUs. It replaces the existing Socket 754 for laptops. Socket S1 includes support for dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM, dual-core mobile CPUs, and virtualization technology, to compete with the mobile Intel Core 2 processor series and the ATM Turion 64 X2 TL-66 2.3GHz is the fastest processor I found that fits the pin configuration, but I am not sure if it is the best per se. That depends on if you are looking at power consumption, speed, or some other factor.

Solution

christianncg

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
well, to be honest im just looking for a little bit more power when it comes to games as well as multitasking. i dont plan on doing it anytime soon, i was just wondering if the circumstances arise, and my current athlon (2010 p340 model) processor cant cut the beans, if i will have the ability to upgrade to something along the lines of a higher clock, or even more cores, if possible.

evilavatar

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
unfortunately I don't think there is anything with more cores that will fit that socket, best you can do is a higher speed duo core in the same model range which can't get you much more power

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts