Solved

Win 7 won't install onto the hard drive

First time build, everything went well until I tried to install Win 7 64 off of a USB drive. When the screen comes up during the installation to select a partition to install Windows on, Windows sees the drive but then has a message saying that I can't install because the drive was going to fail soon and to install on another partition. If I try to install anyways, it will either hang at 0% or have an error message saying that Windows could not partition the drive. Trying to delete the premade partition and then creating a new one didn't work either.

The HD shows up in bios and during post. I'm using a brand new Seagate Barracuda 1tb HD with a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H MB.

Is the hard drive actually bad or did not do something correctly? any help would be appreciated
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install hard drive
  1. You might go into BIOS and see of SMART is enabled for the hard drive. then watch as you re-boot the PC. during the POST, there should now be some messages from the SMART monitoring if the HD is really going (or is) bad.
  2. I ran SeaTools and it said "A SMART trip was detected prior to the test starting" So I guess this HD need to be returned?
  3. Best answer
    Yep...Once the SMART is tripped, there is no resetting it. If it is a new drive, RMA it.
  4. Best answer selected by lsu22.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Partition Systems