• Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 30, 2010 2:21:41 AM

Spec:
mobo: DG31PR
intel core quad q6600
OCZ 2x 2 GB ddr2
gtx 460 786 mb

The last few weeks it hangs up on the Intel splash screen anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute during start up. So I started checking temperatures and using speed fan at idle windows I am getting:

GPU: 29C
System: 74C
CPU: 36C
AUX: 119C
Core0: 25C
Core1: 21C
Core2: 21C
Core3: 18C

I am concerned that possibly this splash screen delay is because of a mobo overheating issue. I am unsure what AUX is and after a search I still cannot determine what it is. The System is the motherboard I believe and that seems very high. I have taken off the side of the case and it dropped from about 79C to the 74C I have displayed.

I have a 120 mm exhaust fan but because of stripped screws and a hard drive bay I was not able to install an intake fan. I plan to fix this tomorrow but don't believe that the mobo temp will drop that much if the side of the case is already off.

Any suggestions?

Do I need a better cooling system? Any suggestions what to get?

More about : system idle temperature high

December 30, 2010 2:26:10 AM

Have you overclocked? I think most temps are given by voltages and if these have been adjusted, you might be getting incorrect (high) readings.
m
l
December 30, 2010 2:31:23 AM

No I haven't overlocked anything. All components are standard and none came overclocked by manufacturer either.
m
l
December 30, 2010 2:41:44 AM

The only thing that jumps out at me as being high is the system and auxillary readings. How are those two being monitored?
m
l
!