Your question

Bus interface problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2010 9:23:22 PM

hi

i hav an nvidia 275 gtx.when i chek gpu z bus interface it says

"the graphics card reports that it supports pci express x16 v2.0

but it is currently running at pci express x1 v2.0"

My gpu has depriciated in performance by a great deal recently and most games became unplayable all off a sudden.Could the above problem cause such poor performance.I am pety damn sure my mobo supports pci e x16 v2.0.I have all the latest drivers too.....
How can i get it working as a pci e x16 v2.0???

pls helppp........

thanx

More about : bus interface problem

a c 1406 U Graphics card
October 31, 2010 1:04:40 PM

It is running at x1 speed in a x16 slot. Check your BIOS settings for the PCIe slots.
m
l
October 31, 2010 2:39:13 PM

Which motherboard have you got?
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
October 31, 2010 3:03:14 PM

Had the same problem with my HD5850 recently, the solution was to remove it, clean the card contacts with a paper towel moistened with alcohol and reseat it.
Be careful, though, the contacts are small and can be stripped off if you get heavy handed.
If you do decide to remove and reseat the card, give the fan and heatsink a clean as well, there's no need to disassemble the cooler, just use a small brush to remove the stuff on the fan blades and then blow the heatsink out.
m
l
October 31, 2010 3:48:21 PM

hmmmm i did exactly the same.....and it workd....now evrything is fine.

thanx
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 28, 2012 12:22:24 PM

Ditto, my old 5770 started running in x8 (and sometimes all the way down to x4) - However after taking it out and cleaning the gold connectors with alcohol and a microfiber cloth, it's now running at x16 as it's supposed to. I'm not entirely convinced that it's due to cleaning however as my card looks pretty much the same as the day I bought it (~1.5 years ago).

Only time will tell if it's reverting back to x8/x4 but so far so good :) 
m
l
!