we live in a very old house. we have a wireless router connected to a desk top upstairs, however we hace very low signal downstairs on our laptop in our bedroom. how do we increase our signal?
More about :set linksys wireless router access point
September 8, 2010 5:16:25 PM
To optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.